MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be honest, I am (and will always be) an avid VR fan.  And I still fervently watch MotoGP every Sunday in the hope of a great comeback.  But every Monday when I read Crash.net to get the lowdown and I see the VR report on what when wrong on the weekend it just sounds more and more like moaning.  it's never anything positive.  Even Aleix Espargaro on the Aprilia which is really struggling sounds more positive.

I hope not, but I suspect Burgess might actually be onto something.

bradbinder_41

Verified

I’m so happy to announce that I will be joining the @ktmfactoryracing team in MotoGP next season. It’s a dream come true! Hard to believe I will be a factory MotoGP rider next year! Thank you is all I can say

“Factory rider” that’s what the guys thought when signed to ride the Aprilia cube too. #toasty

“Factory rider” that’s what the guys thought when signed to ride the Aprilia cube too. #toasty

Currently I recon no brands are stand out “factory”. Only Marc can ride the Honda, the Ducati is meh, Yamaha old bikes better than the new ones, Suzuki ok but who should have thought...So maybe KTM a good choice to cut his teeth on?

Currently I recon no brands are stand out “factory”. Only Marc can ride the Honda, the Ducati is meh, Yamaha old bikes better than the new ones, Suzuki ok but who should have thought...So maybe KTM a good choice to cut his teeth on?

I don’t think it’s a case of only “MM can ride the Honda” as such. I thinks it’s more a case of Honda have built a bike for MM. much like they tried with DP back in the day with the original RCV. But yes, the output is the same.

Hopefully BB doesn’t get stuck in a mediocre team and goes backwards. He is definitely a top 10 MotoGP contender, but the depth is a problem for him, much like Maincheese.

I don’t think it’s a case of only “MM can ride the Honda” as such. I thinks it’s more a case of Honda have built a bike for MM. much like they tried with DP back in the day with the original RCV. But yes, the output is the same.

Hopefully BB doesn’t get stuck in a mediocre team and goes backwards. He is definitely a top 10 MotoGP contender, but the depth is a problem for him, much like Maincheese.

Yeah. Agree. Pretty much what happened in all motorsports. The Ferrari was built for Schumacher back in the day, the Mclaren for Senna. Teammates who had different styles struggled, those that had the same we “kept out” of the 2nd seat by the 1st driver as much as possible.

Suppose the trick for BB is to stay relative and remain on people’s short list while staying healthy and un injured at the same time. Easier said than done. I have met him a few times through a mutual friend, even been on a few MTB rides, he’s a good lad, I’m rooting for him big time.

I thought Marquez was a bit of a nutter with some of his moves but he got the job done: I reckon he could win on just about any of the current MotoGP bikes if they held together and were set up to suit him (disclaimers I know but watching the Simon Crafar podcasts makes me realise how complex bike set up is).

Binder is a beast on the tracks that suit him and the KTM. Obviously hope MotoGP goes well for him and I am perpetually disappointed for his brother.

I thought Marquez was a bit of a nutter with some of his moves but he got the job done: I reckon he could win on just about any of the current MotoGP bikes if they held together and were set up to suit him (disclaimers I know but watching the Simon Crafar podcasts makes me realise how complex bike set up is).

Binder is a beast on the tracks that suit him and the KTM. Obviously hope MotoGP goes well for him and I am perpetually disappointed for his brother.

That Honda isn't that bad, Crutchlow seems to be getting the hang of it now but it does look like it is hard to get working well. Very setup dependent.

I believe Binder abandoned the new KTM chassis and went back to the old one, hence his strong finish to the year.

That Honda isn't that bad, Crutchlow seems to be getting the hang of it now but it does look like it is hard to get working well. Very setup dependent.

I believe Binder abandoned the new KTM chassis and went back to the old one, hence his strong finish to the year.

Gotta remember that Philip Island is one of the all time "equaliser" tracks, where it's way more about the rider and less about the machine.

I mean, Patch is correct, and Honda has confirmed it. This year's bike was built for Marc, in a sense. They knew they had to get more power, but they knew that made the bike more unstable, but they knew if there was one guy who'd be able to ride around those issues, it'd be Marc, so they gave him all the power they could. Like they said, even the best rider in the world can't make any difference on the straight if you have a power deficit. Marc had to make up all the lost ground on the brakes last year, and crashed a lot as a result of it. This year, not so much.

The Honda is by no means the best bike on the grid, but they've got the best guy to extract the maximum out of that bike. He's taken 375 out of a possible 425 points this year so far, which just seams insane. HRC is ONE point behind the Ducati team, ONE. Jorge has scored 23 of those total points. Just crazy.

Steven, you can see Brad is back on the old bike with the wide catfish mouth, where as Martin was on the one with the smaller intake.

Steven, you looked at this before.

Isn't it perhaps true to say Binder does well at anti-clockwise tracks?

Jip, he is very similar to Marc in that sense. 

That's why I believe he will do well. The KTM is very closely based off of the Honda, ironically when you consider the relationship between Honda and KTM.

https://motomatters.com/analysis/2017/02/22/our_most_hated_rival_ktm_s_long_feud.html

I think Brad can man-handle a bike like Marc, he would do well on the Honda.

Zarco did pretty well for his first Honda ride ever, makes me wonder why they haven't rather put Lorenzo onto the 2018 version if it is so much easier to get along with. Something else is up with Lorenzo........it's mental now.

just a quick note celebrate the other South African hero of this weekend....

I loved how after his interview the commentators said South Africa has a lot to celebrate after their rugby world championship win on Saturday. My wife said she heard them mention it earlier on during the race as well. Pity Alex was 2nd, could have taken the title down to the wire. He's really hooked up with that bike in the 2nd half of the year.