MotoGP

SeaBee

Yeah not everybody is cut out to do well in a rally car (Specifically WRC)....

Pastrana, Raikkonen, Block to name a few... All masters at their respective crafts. Many have tried but few succeed. Kubica looks like he's having fun although I doubt his sponsors agree  :ph34r:  Must be expensive replacing all those Fiestas...

Yeah not everybody is cut out to do well in a rally car (Specifically WRC)....

Pastrana, Raikkonen, Block to name a few... All masters at their respective crafts. Many have tried but few succeed. Kubica looks like he's having fun although I doubt his sponsors agree  :ph34r:  Must be expensive replacing all those Fiestas...

again with the cars.....

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

World Championships / Grand Prix 10/29/2015
Open letter from FIM President Vito Ippolito

http://www.fim-live.com/fileadmin/_processed_/csm_sc_2015-10-29_a_17.31.34_ca4ef61265.jpg

The recent events arising in connection with the competition for the 2015 FIM MotoGP world title have had a damaging effect on the staging of our competitions and poisoned the atmosphere around the sport. We are moving away from the tradition of pride in sportsmanship that is part of the heritage of motorcycling.

Everyone has the right to express his or her own ideas. But words and actions always have consequences. Every individual has to take responsibility for those consequences.

The riders, first of all, must be aware of this. Each one of them has thousands of fans who follow their exploits on the track and listen to what they say off the track. For that reason, we look to them, not just in this Championship but in all our disciplines, to set the best example of what our sport should and aspires to be.

This responsibility is also shared by the people who form their entourage, beginning with their teams and sponsors. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the matter, if some of those people unnecessarily fuel polemics about events or decisions in a wrongheaded way, they are doing a great disservice to the sport, to the detriment of our entire community and all the good things it offers to everyone.

Riders, teams, manufacturers and sponsors should not only respect the rules but they should accept the decisions of the officials, whatever they may be. Otherwise, they are contributing to anarchy and undermining the future development of our sport.

On behalf of the FIM and all those who are doing their best to bring about a happy conclusion to this Championship, I express the hope that at the next and final round in Valencia the riders will fight it out on the track and in a way that fully respects the spirit of fair play.

Vito Ippolito
FIM President

Don't think it will be a fair fight "I express the hope that at the next and final round in Valencia the riders will fight it out on the track and in a way that fully respects the spirit of fair play." seeing Rossi starting at the back of the grid...

Don't think it will be a fair fight "I express the hope that at the next and final round in Valencia the riders will fight it out on the track and in a way that fully respects the spirit of fair play." seeing Rossi starting at the back of the grid...

Yep... a bit tough from the back, but it will make victory so much sweeter

Yep... a bit tough from the back, but it will make victory so much sweeter

If anyone has ever been able to pick their way through a grid then its Rossi.

Grant who?

World Motocross and AMA Motocross Champ. Retired from racing now and commentator on the AMA series. 

Long time racer for Factory Yamaha.... 

If you saw him race you would know how aggressive his passes were particularly on Mike Alessi in the year he won his AMA Motorcross title! 

I don't agree with his opinion that VR kicked MM. VR did take MM out as wide as he could in that turn though, which is also racing. In Supercross specifically it's called standing a rider up so that he can't turn in early to get his drive on for the next rhythm section (straight). Surprised GL has not seen this incident from that perspective....

Grant Langston who?

World Motocross and AMA Motocross Champ. Retired from racing now and commentator on the AMA series. 

Long time racer for Factory Yamaha.... 

If you saw him race you would know how aggressive his passes were particularly on Mike Alessi in the year he won his AMA Motorcross title! 

I don't agree with his opinion that VR kicked MM. VR did take MM out as wide as he could in that turn though, which is also racing. In Supercross specifically it's called standing a rider up so that he can't turn in early to get his drive on for the next rhythm section (straight). Surprised GL has not seen this incident from that perspective....

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :whistling:  :whistling: