MotoGP

SeaBee

Suppose MM can break his leg a couple of times through the season to give the old man a fighting chance..........

AE 4th is a great result all things considered.

Redding beating NH was a shocker though!!

And what about all the other hotshots he passed from behind, i.e. Pedrosa & co.?

Must admit, MM will be hard to beat this year. (as much as I hate to admit it :whistling: )

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rossi was amazing, looked in control the whole race without any obvious close calls.

The track was a bit treacherous if they got off line. Yamaha need to find a bit more speed, at one stage Honda dominated the podium places.

Well it seems like the new rules improved things, with no obvious winner emerging until the last few laps, Hopefully it stays like that.

Did Crutchlow run out of fuel, saw him rolling over the finish line?

And what about all the other hotshots he passed from behind, i.e. Pedrosa & co.?

Must admit, MM will be hard to beat this year. (as much as I hate to admit it :whistling: )

THE DOCTOR showed us that he can be beaten . BUT MM got the biggest nuts at this stage and will not let anybody pass him unchallenged . Rossi been round the block a few times and I don't think he want to get to involved getting into a dog fight with MM . He will be happy to get the good results and staying on the bike .

Rossi was amazing, looked in control the whole race without any obvious close calls.

The track was a bit treacherous if they got off line. Yamaha need to find a bit more speed, at one stage Honda dominated the podium places.

Well it seems like the new rules improvied things, with no obvious winner emerging until the last few laps, Hopefully it stays like that.

Did Crutchlow run out of fuel, saw him rolling over the finish line?

As much as I hate to admit it, I watched the highlights package which skipped from 22 laps left and Lorenzo's crash to the last 2 laps.

Either way I have no time for Rossi and while he is all smiles now he will sour to MM very soon just like he did to Stoner at the beginning of their rivalry.

Cruchlow had ECU problems similar to what NH had a few years ago at Estoril where the ECU has mapping setups for each individual cornet, problem is the ECU malfunctioned and never got the corners right so was giving no TC at places where it needed it and vice versa.

Evan more reason to say scrap the electronics, no TC, everybody just rides the bike as is.

If I recall correctly, he was miffed with Stoner because of his dangerous overtaking / blocking in the early days.

MM has none of those, he is as smooth as Zuma before elections.

Most guys would rather scrap with someone like that, than someone who can take you out and end a career.

As much as I hate to admit it, I watched the highlights package which skipped from 22 laps left and Lorenzo's crash to the last 2 laps.

Either way I have no time for Rossi and while he is all smiles now he will sour to MM very soon just like he did to Stoner at the beginning of their rivalry.

Watch the whole race, it will be worth it.

It would be hard to miss Rossi...imo he did the most starting from 10th on the grid progressing to leading with a few laps to go.

A bit of rider politics adds flavour to the viewing pleasure, MM if he does not damage himself will be hard to beat again this year. The racing was much closer yesterday, hopefully its because the bikes are closer and not just down to the track.

Gnarly - I was looking at the names and wonder whether it was thé Ben Bostrom! Good grief...

I constantly had the feeling that Rossi was happy in 2nd in those latter laps, just pushing-pushing-puuussshing the youngster to see if he will go over the edge, much like he did to many rivals in years gone by. (Biggest sucker for that trick was Mad Max!) And he very nearly succeeded a couple of times...

Must say the biggest disappointments for me over the weekend were Espargaro's no-show in quali :ph34r: as well as Bautista throwing it away so close to the end (that really miffed me).

Missed Moto2, but those Moto3 laaities had the mother of all scraps... which is about the norm for Moto3. Fearless... absolute great fun to watch!

If I recall correctly, he was miffed with Stoner because of his dangerous overtaking / blocking in the early days.

MM has none of those, he is as smooth as Zuma before elections.

Most guys would rather scrap with someone like that, than someone who can take you out and end a career.

Sorry but I don't agree.

Stoner did fall a bit in his first season in 2006 but it was mostly on his own pushing the limits of the LCR Honda. The rivalry was started when Stoner started beating Rossi consistently in 2007 but really turned sour after Rossi's imfamous overtaking move through the corkscrew at laguna Seca in 2008 which by all accounts could be deemed as dangerous IMO. 2008 is also the year that Rossi was throwing all his toys out the cot behind the scenes to block Stoners move to Yamaha.

Funny how it opened the door for Lorenzo.......

Anyway thats history now. Just glad that it seems we will have some exciting racing to watch.

Now there's a guy that exceeded his machine's abilities as well: mr Stoner. Unreal how he could make that waddling Duc look like an unbeatable machine, when it was just his brilliance. many have tried but nobody since could make that Ducati look like anything - and that includes his teammates at the same time - the ultimate measure. The Honda just made it too easy, almost... Still miffed at his early retirement, would've loved to see him and Marquez in one team!

• 1 month later...

Now there's a guy that exceeded his machine's abilities as well:

I must say, I far preferred watching a rider that exceeded his own abilities. Schwantz was so much of fun.

I really had high hopes for the Yammies when Doctor took the lead for a few corners in the first lap but MM simply to good for them . He leans it out at 60 degrees almost every corner while the rest are in the 55 region . Not to sure if that is what enable him to carry so much speed out of the corners but this laaite is GOOD .

MM marching on to a second successive world championship... hope not!

Dude, watching him ride is a true joy... him and that honda seem as if they were made for each other. He can lean that thing 1 to 2 degrees harder than anyone else on the track at the moment and just blat the hell out of it without munching the tires. Reminds me of an early era Rossi, actually. Or Schwantz, Rainey and to a degree Doohan.

Anyway.. glad to see Rossi still has it in him with a bike that is down on power (quite evident on the straights) and that he is struggling to come to terms with. The force is still strong with this one, and I can't see him retiring now...

Guest dirkieuys

I cannot help but think what would happen if the Yammies are as fast as those Honda's.

I don't follow as much as i used to, miss the battles that Biaggi, Loris and Rossi had. What ever happened to Garry Mccoy, he could slide a bike into any corner.

Reminds me of an early era Rossi, actually. Or Schwantz, Rainey and to a degree Doohan.

Love this:

His sheer determination to win at all cost meant that he seemed to crash as often as he won. This trait made him a popular favorite among race fans the world over.[2] His last lap pass of Rainey to win the 1991 German Grand Prix at the Hockenheimring, with his rear tire fish-tailing on the verge of control, typified Schwantz' "do or die" riding style.

Hate to say it again but Stoner and Marquez on the Repsol's would be a sight to see.

Everybody seems to foget that Stoner had the same MO of pulling a gap and then managing it. Really think he is the only one, if there is anybody at all, that could perhaps give Marquez a challenge.

Never going to happen though:(

Sunday's race was phenomenal, MM in a league of his own. Liked the commentator who received a twitter post of Marquez being the rdeator to the other aliens.