MotoGP

SeaBee

Ja. Still God Damned Sexy. The RD350 motor found a 2nd lease on life in the Banshee Kwatt. Sphincter clenching riding one of those things. Made an amazing noise tho.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. My heart started racing when I saw that photo in one magazine and thought "that's what it should look like"

One day when I have the money and the time, I want to build / engineer a RD700 Elsie by fitting two of those fully built RD350 motors together. That will be a toy and a half.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I HATE YOU!!! :whistling:

Always lusted over that bike (was fortunate to take Neels Van Niekerks privately owned one for a spin, what a rush!!)

Still top of my "perfect motorcycle garage"

I hate myself to this day for letting it go when it threw me!

Dont think the old man has ever completely forgiven me!

It was mint!

Ran beautifully!

I wholeheartedly agree with you. My heart started racing when I saw that photo in one magazine and thought "that's what it should look like"

One day when I have the money and the time, I want to build / engineer a RD700 Elsie by fitting two of those fully built RD350 motors together. That will be a toy and a half.

thats the recipe of a monster right there!

In my life I owned the original Aircooled RD50 (or Fizzy as it was better known as), a RZ50LC, 2xRD350LC's (the last one fully built) a RZ350YPVS and a TZR250 3MA (the one with the reversed motor, Carbs infront, Exhaust exiting at the back)

As you can see, I'm a two stroke Yammie freak.

So just checked the TV schedule...OH CRISIS...its not live on BBC, ITV or Eurosport this year...some bloody mob called BT Sport have bought the TV rights for England (where I get my Sky satellite service from) and will have to pay for an extra channel (£12) to get it on Sky....

Are you chaps getting it live down there in DSTV land?

Guest Omega Man

So just checked the TV schedule...OH CRISIS...its not live on BBC, ITV or Eurosport this year...some bloody mob called BT Sport have bought the TV rights for England (where I get my Sky satellite service from) and will have to pay for an extra channel (£12) to get it on Sky....

Are you chaps getting it live down there in DSTV land?

Ja. But I fear we'll have 7 channels of soccer and no motorsport soon. We've already lost all the AMA supercross stuff. although to be fair we weren't getting that live.

I see Espargaro was fastest in FP1. Aleix the brother on the shed bike not Pol. I reckon the Espargaro brothers and Marquez are the future of the sport.

Ja. But I fear we'll have 7 channels of soccer and no motorsport soon. We've already lost all the AMA supercross stuff. although to be fair we weren't getting that live.

I see Espargaro was fastest in FP1. Aleix the brother on the shed bike not Pol. I reckon the Espargaro brothers and Marquez are the future of the sport.

I know how u feel, also lost the supercross...we get the motocross world champs now on eurosport but its just not the same as AMA SX

Its still early days...the factory team riders should start getting better as they get more into the weekend hopefully Rossi stays near or on the top of the pile

Guest Omega Man

Its still early days...the factory team riders should start getting better as they get more into the weekend hopefully Rossi stays near or on the top of the pile

HA. Up yours DSTV! I found the AMA Youtube channel.

Yeah i think the big boys aren't looking to be too clever in FP1. You'd look a bit of an idiot if you break yourself in the first practice session of the season. Especially at Qatar cos the track gets pretty dusty being in the middle of a desert and all. I also think a lot of the teams aren't 100% ready for the season and are probably still doing a little "testing".

I recon as the track rubbers in we'll see the usual suspects come to the front. Super exited for Moto GP this season. Maybe they should change the rules the day before the season starts every year.

Would love to see Aleix win the race tomorrow but Marquez has steadily been improving and still think he is in for a shout.

But what a performance by Bautista, amazing and he is handicapped by being guinea pig for Showa/Nissin. And he did it on the crappy Factory medium tyre too.

See Lorenzo is crying into his teacup again, Rossi looking good but don't see him featuring come race day, lost that edge he used to have.

Pedrosa is a dark horse, also steadily improving.

Looks like we could have a good race on our hands, watch Aleix bugger off into the distance to be caught up by MM and DP.

What a stunning race, I agree.

Pity Lorenso lost the front wheel on that first lap. Think it would have been a real humdinger with him in the mix also.

I hope Rossi can maintain his form this year. Last year he started with a bang, rattled a few cages, and then "went to sleep" in the middle order after a few races.

How's that top speed of MM's Honda? 348km/h down the main straight. Think Rossi's fastest was 343km/h.

Suppose MM can break his leg a couple of times through the season to give the old man a fighting chance..........

AE 4th is a great result all things considered.

Redding beating NH was a shocker though!!