Cyclists as motorists.

Butch Cassidy

On the way back from Lost City there was a lot of cyclists driving home en route to Pretoria/Jozi.

What is with you guys you speed your number plates are obscured by the bikes on your bike racks. You are breaking the law.

Yet if someone else breaks the law you get all upset.

Did you forget the overtaking across a solid white line, tail gating other motorists, obscuring brake lights while carrying their bikes etc etc etc.

Yip and the okes without the number plates will be the first to pee their pants when they get fined. Love it when they get pulled over by the cops, just plain lazy assed to drive without a number plate or if its obscured.

Edited by Kritzie

On the way back from Lost City there was a lot of cyclists driving home en route to Pretoria/Jozi.

What is with you guys you speed your number plates are obscured by the bikes on your bike racks. You are breaking the law.

didn't you know that only taxis drive k@k.

This must be the most annoying post I have read so far on the hub ? Excuse me for asking, but how old are you ? This is something my grandmother will say.....

This must be the most annoying post I have read so far on the hub ? Excuse me for asking, but how old are you ? This is something my grandmother will say.....

what is annoying about the post? the fact that people drive like @ssholes or the fact that the OP is complaining about people driving like @ssholes?

what is annoying about the post? the fact that people drive like @ssholes or the fact that the OP is complaining about people driving like @ssholes?

I would say both... The amount of complaining that goes around here is ridiculous.... I normally just ignore things like this, but I just couldn't this time.

I am by no means not guilty of driving like a ass hole... My bike rack always covers my number plate, but at least I have one... Even if it's behind my bike. I don't think this is intentional effort made by cyclists to hide their plates....

Stupid comment. He is making a post about an observation. I agree with him. Sure I am no angel all the time but respect starts at home. This country is lacking greatly in that department and all everyone ever does is point fingers. Good post. I hope it changes the attitude of at least 1 person. Then it would have been the post of the year for me.

Stupid comment. He is making a post about an observation. I agree with him. Sure I am no angel all the time but respect starts at home. This country is lacking greatly in that department and all everyone ever does is point fingers. Good post. I hope it changes the attitude of at least 1 person. Then it would have been the post of the year for me.

See what I did there ?

The problem with this country is the fact that people have become complacent in pretty much everything going on. Its important to raise these issues and not keep your head in the proverbial sand. The more we complain about things the more public the issue becomes, the more chance of something being done about it.

The reason why we have soo many problems in this country is because people say "Why moan about it, not like you can do anything about it". That is the start of the complaceny..

haha... Its an epidemic... Since cycling has taken over as 'the new golf' the attitude on thehub, the attitude at races and now eventually the attitude of people driving is starting to become obscene and what is worse, noticed by cyclists, non cyclists and people who ride bikes.

How do you as a cyclists expect people to respect you while you cycle if you as a motorist cant even respect the rules of the road. Riding 2 abreast on the road making motorists wait is 1 thing, but tailgating, passing like idiots and ranting and raving while gesticulating like an octopus caught in a whirlpool gives you absolutely NO credibility as a human and completely invalidates all the arguments these self same cyclists make about 'respect us on the road' boo hoo frikkin hoo....

Learn some patience, learn some respect, learn some manners, learn to adhere to the law and most of all, leave your attitude at home. Ride bikes because its fun, because you enjoy it, so you can beat yourself, not elbow past joe blogs your nice neighbour mid way through the pack.

Kenda, you are a dick. I don't care how old or successful or youthful and inexperienced you are in life. Your attitude is disgraceful.

haha... Its an epidemic... Since cycling has taken over as 'the new golf' the attitude on thehub, the attitude at races and now eventually the attitude of people driving is starting to become obscene and what is worse, noticed by cyclists, non cyclists and people who ride bikes.

How do you as a cyclists expect people to respect you while you cycle if you as a motorist cant even respect the rules of the road. Riding 2 abreast on the road making motorists wait is 1 thing, but tailgating, passing like idiots and ranting and raving while gesticulating like an octopus caught in a whirlpool gives you absolutely NO credibility as a human and completely invalidates all the arguments these self same cyclists make about 'respect us on the road' boo hoo frikkin hoo....

Learn some patience, learn some respect, learn some manners, learn to adhere to the law and most of all, leave your attitude at home. Ride bikes because its fun, because you enjoy it, so you can beat yourself, not elbow past joe blogs your nice neighbour mid way through the pack.

Kenda, you are a dick. I don't care how old or successful or youthful and inexperienced you are in life. Your attitude is disgraceful.

Ha ha could not agree more!

I would say both... The amount of complaining that goes around here is ridiculous.... I normally just ignore things like this, but I just couldn't this time.

I am by no means not guilty of driving like a ass hole... My bike rack always covers my number plate, but at least I have one... Even if it's behind my bike. I don't think this is intentional effort made by cyclists to hide their plates....

Neither intent, ignorance or attitude are excuses for breaking the law. I'm afraid I'm with the OP on this one. And I'm no saint myself.

I'll stick to my comments..... But I wont be responding to these comments no longer, it's a waste of my time. Go complain about the guy walking his dog without a leash or something... What a joke :mellow: