Argus 2014

vaalkol

I have never understood this fascination with symbols of doing nothing much heroic and the need to show them off.

Club 21 qualification is surely just a badge of good attendance ?

If you have done 21 rides, it follows that you must by now be a grown-up. Try looking at this as an adult and you should see that the absence of a badge to display on your tracksuit does not distract from your "achievement" nor from your standing in the eyes of every one who knows you.

I don't know if a voluntary association not making a big enough fuss over me would be reason enough for me to join an Internet forum to complain about it.

Condescending much?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Club 21 – Unhappiness!!!

Has anyone else had a bad Club 21 experience?

Thanks for the encouragement and the rest, oh well I felt that having "paid" for 21 Argus' has earned me the right to a little moan! :-)

Whether it is an achievement or not, you decide, my 21 Tours are consecutive, and I lined up every year whether trained/untrained, sick or not, rain, shine, WIND, HOT or cold!.... aaaaand I finished, although that is a lot of luck too, I have come to a few close crashes!.... so yes indeed let us hope that I can keep the black bits pointing down at all times on Sunday! Every year I get scared as statistics are not on my side!

Club 21, was started by SS, and as I understand it is run "separately", BUT it is my opinion that this is how SS wants it. As for the badge, and you can shoot me, but I am a badge collector, but that is just me, I offered to get some designs, costs, and source the making thereof, and I was just told no!

As you say though, I am a big girl and will not let one ......... <I could add some adjectives here>......... chap, spoil the experience for me! :-)

I really enjoyed the goodie bag we got!! Really impressed by the stuff they had this year :) thumbs up

No FAIR, you got tubes, think you are pulling our legs here?

I really enjoyed the goodie bag we got!! Really impressed by the stuff they had this year :) thumbs up

I am still trying to get a start card... :eek: Seems my race pack was packed by Eskom (it's a little load shedded).

As you say though, I am a big girl and will not let one ......... <I could add some adjectives here>......... chap, spoil the experience for me! :-)

I presume you are referring to me. Please fill in the adjectives, I can take it.

Club21 is not funded by the Cycle Tour as such, but is an informal grouping. The amount of money you have spent on CycleTour entry fees is thus not relevant.

If their rule is that you can get your medal because you have completed your 21st race but to eat and drink on their account you should make a contribution, which, in their case, is to buy a set of kit, take it up with them. It is after all their club and their rules. As with all clubs, if you don't like the rules you have two choices: either don't join; or join, work your way up in the club to earn a committee position and change the rules.

The Hub has been going for ten years, but the first cycling related matter worthy of your comment was to slur a voluntary organisation of people. I'm sure they look forward to your future contributions to their club.

Oh and well done on your attendance. As you imply, it is something to be proud of - with or without a badge.

Good luck for Sunday.

ps.

Don't forget the adjectives....

Edited by eddy

Has anyone been up/down Chappies this week?

What have they done with the roadworks, barriers and stop/go stuff?

The roadworks along the 12 Apostles to Bakoven stretch have been completed and tidied up nicely.

Edited by splat

Has anyone been up/down Chappies this week?

What have they done with the roadworks, barriers and stop/go stuff?

The roadworks along the 12 Apostles to Bakoven stretch have been completed and tidied up nicely.

Apart from one section of New York Barriers on the lower Hout Bay side against the mountain Chappies is 2 lanes and clear of obstacles.

Did anybody saw the naked ride this morning. I had to wash my eyes with soap. Way to many dudes.

In any case "May the force (wind) be with (behind) us tomorrow"

Did anybody saw the naked ride this morning. I had to wash my eyes with soap. Way to many dudes.

In any case "May the force (wind) be with (behind) us tomorrow"

Yep, I took part and I agree.

I presume you are referring to me. Please fill in the adjectives, I can take it.

Don't forget the adjectives....

No no no, I was not referring to you at all but to SS (Stephen Stefano) the control behind Club 21.... to the Forum I come in peace!!! :-)

.... and no, no adjectives, I have had my rant, and I am over it!

Tomorrow ride! Good luck to everyone, may the wind always be at your back and the black bits pointing down!

Does anyone know if that SMS service to notify you of a rider's time/position still exists? 38119 was the short number.

+1 ??

No no no, I was not referring to you at all but to SS (Stephen Stefano) the control behind Club 21.... to the Forum I come in peace!!! :-)

.... and no, no adjectives, I have had my rant, and I am over it!

Tomorrow ride! Good luck to everyone, may the wind always be at your back and the black bits pointing down!

Are you gonna take your concerns up with them?

That'll be far more important than ranting here, I reckon.

Windguru wind report....doesnt look like its going to be changing for tomorrow

Main thing is that you all ride safe and enjoy the ride ;)

post-17974-0-88470200-1394297602_thumb.jpg