Argus 2014

vaalkol

Ozzie you old fart, Just because the VA's have given you and your A-group buddies a hiding in every race this season, don't get loud here

:ph34r: :whistling:

Okay heres my predictions after putting all your previous results and winning times for ARGUS VB from 2012 & 2013 into my winnometer!!!!!

Your finishing time will be in a range from 2:58 to 3:05. You will hang with the front bunch of VB until possibly after Smitswinkel where the older more experienced riders will hand you your ass because you youngsters have no stamina or endurance. The front bunch will not get closer than 1:00 min of the front bunch of VA. The winning time of VB will be approx. 2:55 and you will finish approx. 3:00 to 4:00 min behind them.

Edited by madmarc

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay heres my predictions after putting all your previous results and winning times for ARGUS VB from 2012 & 2013 into my winnometer!!!!!

Your finishing time will be in a range from 2:58 to 3:05. You will hang with the front bunch of VB until possibly after Smitswinkel where the older more experienced riders will hand you your ass because you youngsters have no stamina or endurance. The front bunch will not get closer than 1:00 min of the front bunch of VA. The winning time of VB will be approx. 3:55 and you will finish approx. 3:00 to 4:00 min behind them.

Sure?

Your finishing time will be in a range from 2:58 to 3:05. You will hang with the front bunch of VB until possibly after Smitswinkel where the older more experienced riders will hand you your ass because you youngsters have no stamina or endurance. The front bunch will not get closer than 1:00 min of the front bunch of VA. The winning time of VB will be approx. 3:55 and you will finish approx. 3:00 to 4:00 min behind them.

We MUST restart this tomorrow - can be like lekka Friday Fight Club

Great, a sub 4 is all I'm look looking for :w00t:

And they might have cut the group sizes of the racing groups which I would call a bump if that's the reason you are not in it anymore.

If you have a VA racing license, and your Argus seeding is 12.5 and you don't make the VA group due to their quote been filled, you don't automatically make the next seeded group A, but rather B that has a seeding weight from 8-13.

Your finishing time will be in a range from 2:58 to 3:05. You will hang with the front bunch of VB until possibly after Smitswinkel where the older more experienced riders will hand you your ass because you youngsters have no stamina or endurance. The front bunch will not get closer than 1:00 min of the front bunch of VA. The winning time of VB will be approx. 2:55 and you will finish approx. 3:00 to 4:00 min behind them.

oops sorry for the typo....fixed now

Substitute - would anyone like to buy a space on the argus? We have two for sale at half price as we can't make it. Buy one get one free!!!!

Just another note on PPA having interesting race indexes. Berg and Dale is a seeding event for next years race. .. right..

So why did they not take the winning time in their seeding calculator, but rather the 7th place rider who was 7 or 8 minutes back.....

Perhaps that is how they offset the fact that there will be a 6 pt penalty for using results that are a year old. So everyone who is bitching about getting nailed for old results and penalties.... it seems you are wrong.

Oh and they put a 0.93 beta on the Berg n Dale race as well, so Hillsnacks must have been a very short hill according to them. I disagree.

Edited by TooTall?

Ahhh ... my favourite time of year ... the big debate unravelling the Argus seeding mystery. Dan Brown should use it as the plot of his next novel

(fetching the popcorn)

Ahhh ... my favourite time of year ... the big debate unravelling the Argus seeding mystery. Dan Brown should use it as the plot of his next novel

(fetching the popcorn)

Can i bring a slush puppie as well?

Can i bring a slush puppie as well?

By all means - everyone is welcome when we get to Friday popcorn (and slush puppie) time. I may even order a pizza later on

Just another note on PPA having interesting race indexes. Berg and Dale is a seeding event for next years race. .. right..

So why did they not take the winning time in their seeding calculator, but rather the 7th place rider who was 7 or 8 minutes back.....

Do you realize that by them using a slower winning time, they actually are giving you a better seeding?

Do you realize that by them using a slower winning time, they actually are giving you a better seeding?

I was wondering about that. They did however give it an index of 0.9 this year where as last year it was 1.11, I don't remember it being that much harder last year? Was actually slightly further this year.

(fetching the popcorn)

There is zero mystery as to how people got GROUPED. Your index is available online, it clearly shows how strong you are compared to winning times. The GROUP values that where used to determine are also online. Eg: B is 8-13.

So yes, with an index of 12.5 you will be in VA for most of the local rides, but that because there are only 20 people with that index on those races. When you have 500 people with a sub 10 index they can't all start in the same group, so group minimum values need to be adjusted.

The group you are placed in is not your seeding, it is based on your seeding/index.

The process is about as clear as can be.