To the two trail-running ladies at King's Kloof on Saturday 17/08/13

XCnewbie

Thank you again so much for strapping my fractured radius on the trail and for those ice packs from your car to keep the swelling down for the drive to the hospital - casualty staff were very impressed with how well my wrist was stabilised when I arrived.

Without your help, the fracture could easily have displaced which would have meant surgery etc. I consider myself very lucky to only be in a shoulder-to-hand cast for 6 weeks.

You guys were the ultimate Good Samaritans, from your caring attitudes to your medical preparedness, and for that I am extremely grateful.

Sincerely,

the novice MTBer who unexpectedly and spectacularly ran out of talent on one of the easiest parts of the trail.

Yeah we're cool like that :)

Glad you are OK and heel up soon.

Should show this to my fellow trail runners that always moan about compulsory kit. With situations like this and another guy falling in a race in CT and having to wait 3 hours to be carried off the mountain you know why!

Now I wonder if the MTB'ers at KK will stop asking us if we lost our bikes... :P

Def need to be taken for coffee.

Find out if someone in the trail running world can track them down.

G

Saw them in the 'further' part of KK, carrying what looked like small backpacks. Was seriously impressed with where they were running.

Glad you are going to be ok and dont give up, the limited talent will improve the more you ride..

A nice post to see and welcome to the hub. Good on the ladies for helping a fellow human being when needed.

Def need to be taken for coffee.

Find out if someone in the trail running world can track them down.

G

They will most probably run there again...keep a watchful eye out for them...

Thank you again...snip snip

Sincerely,

the novice MTBer who unexpectedly and spectacularly ran out of talent on one of the easiest parts of the trail.

ha ha ha ....we've all been there...maybe just with less serious consequnences!!

keep at it...your talent will improve on a logarithmic curve...

A pal of mine also "ran out of talent" yesterday afternoon at the spruit. Cost him 11 stitches over his left eye. It happens to the best of us. I'm glad assistance was close at hand. Wishing you a speedy recovery!