[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #4 Hakahana

Tim_Fair

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was n tawwe race...Started a little fast and paid for it the last 20km.....Cramps..But enjoyed the first 40....

I enjoyed the first twenty and the last ten, was pretty tough in between!

Edited by Sprocket70

Good day out on the 'berg, was quire clear with good views. Last 20 k's all those loops up and down and around, not that pleasant 4 me. But always enjoy the buzz in a big event like this. Good selection of stalls there it must be said, pity I don't ride with my wallet. real coffee, yummy ice creams, lots of foodz and more

That area weighs heavy with relics of days and regimes gone by, That proving ground was Defence Force / Armscor, did you notice all the "/78" date stamps in the serial nos on the concrete? Across the road, the Pelindaba complex, home of the SA Nuclear weapons factory, who knows what went on there, let alone how much money was wasted. And the notorious "Vlakplaas" was/is somewhere around there. There was also an infamous (white) ANC cell in Broederstroom back in the day.

Edited by kosmonooit

Had a lekker 35km in the scorching heat,but i was prepared this time. I am glad about the organizers sending out that sms with my real starting time, so i pitched up there at 9, all relaxed,almost had another breakfast. So my mood was alot better than van gaalens after i stood around for more than hour.

Also with everyone arriving in their batch times, i think the whole venue felt a lot less busy, i can live with the heat in favor for the event not being overcrowded.

Race self was alot of work, up and downs and lots of single track, enjoyed most of it. I cant find anything to complain about , so good work. :)

Edited by silvertemplar

I enjoyed the first twenty and the last ten, was pretty tough in between!

Good day out on the 'berg, was quire clear with good views. Last 20 k's all those loops up and down and around, not that pleasant 4 me. But always enjoy the buzz in a big event like this. Good selection of stalls there it must be said, pity I don't ride with my wallet. real coffee, yummy ice creams, lots of foodz and more

That area weighs heavy with relics of days and regimes gone by, That proving ground was Defence Force / Armscor, did you notice all the "/78" date stamps in the serial nos on the concrete? Across the road, the Pelindaba complex, home of the SA Nuclear weapons factory, who knows what went on there, let alone how much money was wasted. And the notorious "Vlakplaas" was/is somewhere around there. There was also an infamous (white) ANC cell in Broederstroom back in the day.

Agree, this has the potential to become a classic race track. Some nice views from the top of the berg.

My marathon was however cut short. Dinged my rear disk brake somewhere. On the climbs felt like I was pulling a small Ventertjie. Rear wheel won't even spin 3/4 on its own. Next time.

Tough day out, had a severe puncture on my front wheel, had two OTB dismounts lol.

I did not like this track - the first climb was such that even the B batchers were walking it, with no space to pass. And seriously, kilometer after kilometer on effing grass? No thanks. I am dissapoint.

Tough day out, had a severe puncture on my front wheel, had two OTB dismounts lol.

I did not like this track - the first climb was such that even the B batchers were walking it, with no space to pass. And seriously, kilometer after kilometer on effing grass? No thanks. I am dissapoint.

1st climb was rideable.. I was in B batch marathon...but it took a lot out of me..Cramps at 40km....Not nice...Track not to bad..Hate the concrete climb at the end...Got a little lost at about 30km mark...I was not the only one....anyone else got lost

1st climb was rideable.. I was in B batch marathon...but it took a lot out of me..Cramps at 40km....Not nice...Track not to bad..Hate the concrete climb at the end...Got a little lost at about 30km mark...I was not the only one....anyone else got lost

With my race up in smoke I waited for my OH at the route intersection of all the races, about 300m from the finish. Saw some marathon riders coming in with the 40's, but even more amazing....half marathon riders coming in with the marathon riders. This did not happen once but a few times. Somewhere someone got it wrong.

Ride the Hakahana, they said. It's easier than Van Gaalens, they said. They lied! Bastards!

I had two ungraceful "dismounts" and bent my rear wheel about 15km from the finish. I lost my sense of humour somewhere in Gerotek with those loops, but still finished in 3:35.