[Event] MTN NATIONAL XCM #8 Ride Crater Cruise Driven By NISSAN

Tim_Fair

R250 for 102km Marathon but R200 for the 40km WTF .... I have done this every year since 2005 but think I'll save my money this time. I'm not going all that way for 40km and have done the 102km twice but vowed never again to ride those corrugated roads for that distance!!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently if you enter for the half marathon on the Sunday, you get a free entry for the 23km Dirt flirt on the Saturday.

Does anyone know how to enter for this "free" 23km race?

Apparently if you enter for the half marathon on the Sunday, you get a free entry for the 23km Dirt flirt on the Saturday.

Does anyone know how to enter for this "free" 23km race?

You just pitch up with your SAS board if I remember correctly, they will have your name on the system if you paid.

So is there only a half marathon (40km) and a ultra marathon (103km)?? The entry fees on the website refer to a marathon as well but no info on a marathon...

That is because this race is not clasified as an ultra marathon, but a marathon, even though the distance is 103km. That is my understanding of it any way.

Hope everybody is ready for the corrugated roads come this weekend, we haven't had any rain. Let's hope for some rain this week otherwise it will be a dusty affair! :blush:

Hope everybody is ready for the corrugated roads come this weekend, we haven't had any rain. Let's hope for some rain this week otherwise it will be a dusty affair! :blush:

Dusty and very hot. The 2nd half is a killah in the dry heat, serias suffer fest, but here we go again....

I am freezing 3x waterbottles with Poweraid to get me through.

Hey guys, how does this compare to the trailseekers? Have done the 70km on VG and hakanhana...-aaaa.....

Hey guys, how does this compare to the trailseekers? Have done the 70km on VG and hakanhana...-aaaa.....

Can't really compare it....climbing not as tough if any climbs to speak of besides the one before half way and the one with 10km to go....what hurts is the non stop pedaling and the drags with the corrugated road in the last 25km. Very enjoyable race!!! It will get real hot on race day so prepare with proper nutrition and hydration

Yeah.. There was almost rain yesterday.. the heat doesn't get me too much .. but the foooken wind is going to kill me.

And there will be wind, because no rain yet.

Hey guys, how does this compare to the trailseekers?

Absolutely no comparison!

I did a 4:28 last year on the 106km.

For van Gaalens I did 3:58 on the 70km and for Hakahana I did 3:35 for the 61km.

The only "technical" bit is the downhill after the Suikerbossie climb, which itself is rideable. The last bump up the granite boulder is also steepish, but very rideable.