94.7 Cycle Challenge 2013

StevieL

Collected my race pack this morning, went very well, took about 30 minutes, mostly coz I neglected to inform the friendly lady helping me that I'm riding with the FNB bond. Glad I missed the rush. Great vibe, many vendors, lots of goodies, unfortunately not many bikes to look at.

Christie

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to the Dome at 9, had my race pack by 9:15/20, quick wonder through the expo... usual stuff...

unfortunately had an appointment at 10, so couldn't stick around too long.

definitely helps getting there early, the queues when i left were crazy.

it's a plastic bag this year, unlike last, haven't really looked in the bag, but there is a bottle :D

Quick question: Best water point along route with easy access for supporters guys? Preferably in the second half of the race.

N14

Number collection was piss easy - was there at 9 and out by 10 after wandering around the expo. Bought some new shades and a kief shirt. Better venue than the SCC, but then I have soft spot for the Dome after al the shows I have done in there.

Come this afternoon and tommorrow its going to be mayhem

Looking forward to Sunday - been sponsored a killer Scott Foil and have decent start time in K

I'm in B...let me know what kit you'll be wearing so I know whose wheel to suck :D

I will have to see what is clean on the day. I am going to be the hairy one. I normally shave my legs once a year - for 94.7- just to get into the spirit of things. This year I am so full of scabs from the W2W that I will be donating blood if I shave now. Scott RC (black/white/yellow). My wheel will not be a good place - I have resigned myself that this year is not the big one (still injured). I will be very happy to repeat my 2:45 from last year.

Got to the Dome at 9, had my race pack by 9:15/20, quick wonder through the expo... usual stuff...

unfortunately had an appointment at 10, so couldn't stick around too long.

definitely helps getting there early, the queues when i left were crazy.

it's a plastic bag this year, unlike last, haven't really looked in the bag, but there is a bottle :D

There's always a bottle!

There's always a bottle!

No there is not...I did not get one.

se vir ons wat is in die sakkie! ASB :clap:

...jy weet alreeds wat is daar in 10 000 flyers, twee salty crackers en 'n sepie of twee....o en jou race nommer.

How up to date is the list of hubbers in K group?

We did have a chat about this earlier in the thread, but I'm too lazy to wade through the entire thread to find all the names. Let's just go from here. Update and edit as we go along:

Sub 3 Group K

Squier - White & Red UTi kit, black Scott

Craig8252

Ernokaboom

I was planning on getting to the starting pen by 6:15. Hopefully by that time we'll be at the front of the bunch. Shall we just meet in the front of the starting pen?

How up to date is the list of hubbers in K group?

We did have a chat about this earlier in the thread, but I'm too lazy to wade through the entire thread to find all the names. Let's just go from here. Update and edit as we go along:

Sub 3 Group K

Squier - White & Red UTi kit, black Scott

Craig8252

Ernokaboom

I was planning on getting to the starting pen by 6:15. Hopefully by that time we'll be at the front of the bunch. Shall we just meet in the front of the starting pen?

Please report back. Going tomorrow morning first thing, want to know how much debt I'm in for.... :whistling:

Back from the Expo and after a bit of a wait at number collection :eek: he he he...did not have much time to do the whole walkies around the flee-market...not TOO many bikes on display...the usual bike shops with some specials...USN is always a nice stop around with some goodies...saw some AWESOME ZIPP wheels at one of the stands (NOT one of the normal biks shops) and 101's are on special for +/- R9,600 :w00t: "they are on my Christmas wishlist!!!!!!"...if you have more time it should be worthwile...I didn't need much stuff for Sunday, so the legs did a blistering walk around the usual crowd...did not see any REAL specials to blow the bank...BUT it depends on what you are looking for :thumbup: take more time and stroll around...

THe Choc Cows were right at the end...around the corner to the right...close to the food court...got some nice goodies there...always enjoy supporting those guys...

Best of luck on Sunday and enjoy the ride around Jozy...looking forward to it :thumbup: :clap: be safe out there!!!

I will have to see what is clean on the day. I am going to be the hairy one. I normally shave my legs once a year - for 94.7- just to get into the spirit of things. This year I am so full of scabs from the W2W that I will be donating blood if I shave now. Scott RC (black/white/yellow). My wheel will not be a good place - I have resigned myself that this year is not the big one (still injured). I will be very happy to repeat my 2:45 from last year.

Scott RC! You did a 2:45 on a MTB? You should be easy to spot then. Not many okes riding MTB's in B, I'm sure.