Cyclist protection system

Wayne Potgieter

Hi Folks.

First of all, i am not part of this business.

However i do train regularly with these guys.

In my dealings with them, i have chatted about the recent spate of bikejackings taking place in RSA. My main Instructor, Heinrich, has developed a cycling safety device. I believe patents are pending.

The shipment has just arrived and pre orders are taking place.

I am creating a thread about it not for personal commercial reasons, but rather i feel it is a great idea for cyclists.

It is a expandable baton and pepper spray system.

http://www.golanipro...tection-system/

If ADMIN/MODS feel it is spam, i apologise, and will remove.

Edited by Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Forgot to mention, a weapon without the correct training is useless.

Heinrich will offer a free training lesson with each unit purchased so you learn to use them properly.

For those that live in the bundus, there is a DVD included.

Ha ha ha ... Golani - Israeli for "Ek gaan jou nou hard bliksem nog voor jy kan sê eina blixem!"

I is impressed with the pics, would like to play with it a bit. I take it training only in JHB?

Ha ha ha ... Golani - Israeli for "Ek gaan jou nou hard bliksem nog voor jy kan sê eina blixem!"

I is impressed with the pics, would like to play with it a bit. I take it training only in JHB?

pretoria and Capetpwn as well. I think.

pretoria and Capetpwn as well. I think.

Aag nee dan gaan ek weer gemoer word :D That hasn't happened in a while though, so maybe it's time.

Guest DieBees

How is this solving any problems? Is this changing the criminals' minds about crime?

Its a good initiative, but if it is not raising any awareness or PREVENTING crime it is making the problem worse.

If this nice piece of equipment is turned on its owner I foresee problems. Further to this, if you retaliate against a possible hijacking, you have something coming your way...

Sorry Wayne, not bashing you, just sharing my thoughts...

Some very valid points Bees, but honestly does anyone in SA need more awareness of crime being out of control?

Wayne did add that not knowing what you are doing with a weapon is at best pointless and at worst as you point out dangerous.

If I had proper training in using said gear, you probably need to make a educated call if its a smug little s**t that see's spandex as a soft target or a proper gangster, if its the smug one, count me in for Golani-ing him properly.

How is this solving any problems? Is this changing the criminals' minds about crime?

Its a good initiative, but if it is not raising any awareness or PREVENTING crime it is making the problem worse.

If this nice piece of equipment is turned on its owner I foresee problems. Further to this, if you retaliate against a possible hijacking, you have something coming your way...

Sorry Wayne, not bashing you, just sharing my thoughts...

Rather have some kind of arms on me, I'd not want a gun but the batons and pepper spray are perfect. Just wait till you find self trapped by criminals on some lonely trail or alley, you'll wish with all your heart you had some kind of weapon other than your fists to fight back with. Criminals prey on the vulnerable, you have to make your self as prickly as possible to encourage them to rather walk on.

Not sure how the baton works, it's telescopic - those gravity flick out ones?

Must be a really *** one if the whole set costs R500, the smallest decent ones start at around R900.

Edited by Skylark

I have seen a prototype. Looks good.

May I suggest viewing it before making such assumptions?

Assumption being the mother of all HUB FRED'S