USN products which ones

Iv not really used any products till now.

Use very diluted game on rides, and a gu or two on races.

However i have noticed how cheap usn products actualy are.

There is a "epic pro" supplement( ride and recover), usn gels ( @R12 a pop) and a usn sports drink (@R70 for 14 liters)( like game for electrolytes) that i got to test.

What usn products do you use and recomend?

Iv not really used any products till now.

Use very diluted game on rides, and a gu or two on races.

However i have noticed how cheap usn products actualy are.

There is a "epic pro" supplement( ride and recover), usn gels ( @R12 a pop) and a usn sports drink (@R70 for 14 liters)( like game for electrolytes) that i got to test.

What usn products do you use and recomend?

After a lot of trying out and reading up, I find 32GI works best for me. I'm really into low GI food and energy drinks on the bike.

After all the research i found USN comes up time and time again as overpriced suppliments with cheap and crap ingredients. In essence they are a very good marketing company and their gym bunnies who promote their products at sales outlets don't have a clue of what they are talking about.

But you need to try out different ones and select one that works best for you, our systems are all different.

Read up on Low GI, it just makes a lot of sense and it works great for me.

After a lot of trying out and reading up, I find 32GI works best for me. I'm really into low GI food and energy drinks on the bike.

After all the research i found USN comes up time and time again as overpriced suppliments with cheap and crap ingredients. In essence they are a very good marketing company and their gym bunnies who promote their products at sales outlets don't have a clue of what they are talking about.

But you need to try out different ones and select one that works best for you, our systems are all different.

Read up on Low GI, it just makes a lot of sense and it works great for me.

WoW, now that is a broad statement.

OP

Epic Pro is good and works well as both recovery and on ride supplement.

However I would rather get Recovermax as an after ride drink and BCAA Virtago for my on the ride drink and keep the Epic Pro for real long rides.

So I am going to rock the boat here and say.... NONE

I suggest you find a balance of real food, drink water, avoid sugar and just train smarter.

If you can do that, find a balance that works carry a goo or a gel or something if your sugar drops as an emergency. I eat fizzers in this situation as I will not carry any of this junk.. (in my trunk.. yo)

Futurelife is a good starter/breakfast/meal in a bottle.

I don't believe in supplements, I don't think they are necessary and they are not good for you. Food, water and maybe some weak game if you want something for a taste drink. All this hubbaloo is a waste of money and time and cannot and should not be used as a supplement for undertraining....

But others will swear blind they are great so go ahead and try it out.

Consumerism rocks.....

I don't like usn, think they have got their whole market by the balls cause they are good at marketing. I don't trust them.

Having said that. I used the epic pro a few times and I liked it. I think it works.

None of the above. Cadence series, Jeroen Swart apparently involved with this juju drink. Love the neutral taste, not something that leaves a honeycomb taste and sugar crystals around my mouth after 60km's, and its got a good dose protein as well, very important on looong rides

I use the USN whey protein mixed with a Steri Stupmie as a recovery drink. On the bike 32Gi including gels.

Agree with BF Scott have tried most of supplements and have found the Cadence products to work best for me.

I recommend you try various ones to see what works best for you.

Basically as everyone says, whatever works best for you. For me 32gi does the world of good for me on numerous Double Century's and Sani's.

Tried a few products and found I felt the best on 32gi, but you need to reach your own conclusion as what works for me might not do the same for you

• 4 weeks later...

How does an increase in training load affect yourt glycogen and general energy levels? When I increase my training load I don't recover before the next ride and feel a general fatigue. I currently don't use any supplements.

WoW, now that is a broad statement.

OP

Epic Pro is good and works well as both recovery and on ride supplement.

However I would rather get Recovermax as an after ride drink and BCAA Virtago for my on the ride drink and keep the Epic Pro for real long rides.

Yeah I have to say, Epic Pro and the BCAA Vitago work best for me. Especially Epic Pro over long sustained training periods.

That aside though unless it's for a specific race or event I tend to use supplements sparingly, a tub of both lasts me anything from 3-8 months.

The only thing I use daily is Glutamine/Creatine.

With the processing and genetic manipulation of food these days, I honestly don't think we get what we should be from the 'right diet'

That's my personal view and take on it, each of us have different physiology and nutritional needs. The key thing here though is that supplements are just that, supplements.

FYI - No supplement brand/manufacturer can 100% lay claim to being safer or purer etc .... unless they have an "Informed Sport" certification or such like. Even then, because that's so cost prohibitive many brands only have that on some products in their range.

Ignore the marketing bumpf of xyz percentage gain.

Edited by danger dassie

I have tried a variety of energy drinks and USN Cyto power just works for me. Tried 32GI today left me without energy after a hour on an admittedly tough ride.

Have to say, I have a really high metabolism eating copiously is my ticket to good riding...

I have used epic pro and recovery max .I think they both work better than using nothing at all .Epic pro is just not very palatable .Only use these products during multistage events.Recently i have been using PVM products and found pvm sustane mixed with peptopro to be a good during and after drink .Roctane is the only gel i found to be useful .Nothing is as easy ,cheap and quick as a banana and a milkshake thou

Edited by Blitzer

I have used epic pro and recovery max .I think they both work better than using nothing at all .Epic pro is just not very palatable .Only use these products during multistage events

+1 on Recovermax Chocolate with milk afterwards, its great! Can't stand Epic Pro smells like bonemeal, not for me.