Cannondale lefty?

Johny Bravo

So I never liked Canondale lefty forks. They always felt flimsy and wrong to me.

I felt the same when I rode my friends Dale lefty, although he wont ave any other bike. Personal preference for sure, however I just saw a lot of lefty riders eat rocks today when it got rough. Shoot me.

They Always felt flimsy and wrong? ... based on the one time you rode someone else's bike around the block?

So who got Silver?

Was it not a Cannondale Lefty?

There is so much technology that goes into these, I not even going to try and explain.

So much that set them apart and make them what they are.

Just read this Cannondale Lefty Review - Bike Radar

Just my uneducated opinion

We agree on something ja ;)

post-4352-0-08154500-1378026794_thumb.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have ridden every type of fork...got 3 lefty's, 2 brain rock shox and 1 DT Swiss

If you hate lefty, ride something else...but you making your self look stupid starting up this post!

DT Swiss was the fork on Nino's bike, personally prefer my Lefty and Brain forks over my DT Swiss, but still won't knock the fork down

Might have to have a go on another one, I was just asking, thus the question mark in my post. I love Canondale bikes , thats why I wanted to know about the lefty. Thanks. Tankman, ease up on the roid rage.

Did a Lefty get gold today? Silver is not first... Just sayin'... A regular fork beat it. And yes, chill out guyz. We don't all have to love the lefty.

What if I told you, a suspension fork doesn't make you a champion? If Nino had been riding a Lefty, would you change your tune?

We don't all have to love the lefty.

No we dont ... but at least understand it before calling it flimsy or wrong ... or at least base you experience on something other than a one time ride around the block.

BTW, I ride Fox ... (tested Lefty plenty)

No we dont ... but at least understand it before calling it flimsy or wrong ... or at least base you experience on something other than a one time ride around the block.

You are making assumptions, I rode a loop of 25 km on it around the mountain. But maybe the set up was wrong or something was off. I will have a go on another one before deciding.

What if I told you, a suspension fork doesn't make you a champion? If Nino had been riding a Lefty, would you change your tune?

No it wouldn't. I personally don't like the lefty. And to be completely honest, I don't particularly care who rides what. As long as I am still fortunate enough to ride what I want to, it's all good.

Fair enough

No it wouldn't. I personally don't like the lefty. And to be completely honest, I don't particularly care who rides what. As long as I am still fortunate enough to ride what I want to, it's all good.

I am happy to be fortunate enough to ride .. period.

Forks, shocks, wheel size, drive train all personal preference. I maintain that there is no technical disadvantage to the lefty, but these are some of the advantages:

- greater overall stiffness of the front end because the fork tube goes all the way to the top of the headset (like downhill bikes)

- no mud clearance problems

- no stiction (roller bearings)

downside:

- more tricky to service (special tools and skills required)

- more regular TLC needed for older type

- vulnerability to water ingress (old type)

You are making assumptions, I rode a loop of 25 km on it around the mountain. But maybe the set up was wrong or something was off. I will have a go on another one before deciding.

Next time turn the lockout off.

Leftys feel lekker when you use the travel

I was to scared in would snap in half. :whistling: No seriously, I will in future rather not ask any further questions on here. Some okes are very sensitive. I will stick to what I know.

Edited by schalk1982

You are making assumptions..

Nope I am not, you said it here best:

Just my uneducated opinion

Like this:

They always felt flimsy and wrong to me, definitely something is not 100 percent with those forks, something is fishy for sure .... and my experience is based on when I once rode my friends Dale lefty

I was to scared in would snap in half. :whistling: No seriously, I will in future rather not ask any further questions on here. Some okes are very sensitive. I will stick to what I know.

I fail to see where you asked a question. Not in your 1st post, not your 2nd and in your 3rd you are saying "I am asking the experts" but where is the question?

So I never liked Canondale lefty forks. They always felt flimsy and wrong to me. The Canondale boys are struggling in the rock gardens on the UCI world champs. Just watching the race live, I know the lefty riders will argue, but most definitely something is not 100 percent with those forks.

I dunno, most of the lefty boys are struggling, not just on the rock gardens. World class riders. Again, I know the lefty boys will argue, but something is fishy for sure.

I am asking the experts. It climbs well for sure, because of the weight it makes up time, but to me they were struggling on the rough stuff. Just my uneducated opinion, I felt the same when I rode my friends Dale lefty, although he wont ave any other bike. Personal preference for sure, however I just saw a lot of lefty riders eat rocks today when it got rough. Shoot me.

If you want to ask a question ... ask a question!

If you want to talk crap, be prepared to back it up and be prepared to get flamed for it.

Might have to have a go on another one, I was just asking, thus the question mark in my post. I love Canondale bikes , thats why I wanted to know about the lefty. Thanks. Tankman, ease up on the roid rage.

:oops:

You got to realize the weather is crap around most of SA so the guys have got to take their frustrations out somewhere. :devil:

But seriously you will not find a stiffer and smoother fork than the Lefty. More maintenance definitely, but worth it.