Cannondale lefty?

Johny Bravo

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Million dollar question. If the lefty wasn't proprietary to Canondale, would we see other bikes using it? IMO that's a big fat one sided YES!

They should just "invent" the righty!

For me this is the pinnacle of Mountain biking forks, and thus not only for the unconventional design and look but also being a piece of engineering that works really well.........and better than a conventional fork design.

I'm running two of these with Hydraulic lockouts and have not encountered any issue no matter the surface/conditions

So I never liked Canondale lefty forks. They always felt flimsy and wrong to me. The Canondale boys are struggling in the rock gardens on the UCI world champs. Just watching the race live, I know the lefty riders will argue, but most definitely something is not 100 percent with those forks.

If you look at the line that Fumic took compared to the "Schurter line" as it is known, he had much bigger rocks to deal with. That being said. None of us are on that level. Give Nino or Manuel a BMX and they will still own the course. Cannondale is a brand with a huge following and have a massive reputation to uphold. There is no way that they will release an inferior product. They back what they make, hence the lifetime warrenty you get when buying one of their amazing bikes.

since they are now made in China the warranty is 5years on frame and Lefty. damping cartridge and spring is 2 year warranty, same as Rock Shox.

since they are now made in China the warranty is 5years on frame and Lefty. damping cartridge and spring is 2 year warranty, same as Rock Shox.

Off their website... Since the FTR does everything from cartridge upgrade to complete overhaul. If the fork is not abused, and has been serviced regularly, all internal repairs would be covered for 1 year. Cannondale offers a LIFE TIME guarantee on the structure itself....This is for the shock. and for the frame...

(frame, fork structure, swing arm): Cannondale

frames (except frames for Freeride, and Dirt Jumping bikes,

see below) are warranted by Cycling Sports Group, Inc., 16

Trowbridge Drive, Bethel, CT 06801 against manufacturing

defects in materials and/or workmanship for the lifetime of

the original owner

• 3 months later...

I come from a Downhill background...currently riding a lefty...awesome fork, even in the rough stuff. It took some time to adapt to the lefty but once you get use to it there is no looking back. And believe me...these forks are strong...just watch some of Cedric and Aaron's vids from back in the day when they were still riding for Cannondale...we are talking about backflips, street, DH...all on a lefty...nuff said. But its like you said...at the end of the day...its rider preference.

My friend has a lefty and he loves it, I hate it! It looks ugly and looks as if it has to be off balance.

Edited by Heinrich55

My friend has a lefty and he loves it, I hate it! It looks ugly and looks as if it has to be off balance.

Offset by the grouppo being on the right side :-)

just squint your eyes and it will look right again.

Ridden a lefty or two and besides all the old Jokes about them they are really good tracking forks with a nice suspension action.

The fact that they are strong and light is just simplya bonus.