Adverse Analytical Finding – SA XCO Champs [July 2013]

Matt

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aunty you say so little already,, big impact but soooo little

I dedicated a little picture to you on the I have an idea thread.... did you see it??

I dedicated a little picture to you on the I have an idea thread.... did you see it??

Nope on my way to track it down

Sis that's only 4out of 5

Max Knox lapped on lap 2 WTF, he is not my favorite local rider, but its not like the man can't ride. Wow

Is that what it mean, or was he lapped twice by the front riders?

Don't think you can be lapped twice because of the 80% rule

Don't think you can be lapped twice because of the 80% rule

So was Phillip lapped on the first lap? that does not sound right.What is the 80% rule?

I'm all for catching guys and it's great news, but the guys who are doping and are serious about it, won't get caught for anything on race day... I can't remember who said it, but they said failing an in competition test was like failing an IQ test. They need to test the competitive guys in the lead up to the world champs, Cape Epics etc

What makes you think they are not testing the competitive guys in the lead!?

Please give some backing... Or is it because they arn't being caught?

Those who were lapped on Sat51 Ralph Naef (Switzerland)-1 lap52 Paolo Cesar Montoya Cantillo (Costa Rica)-1 lap53 Philip Buys (South Africa)-1 lap54 Max Knox (South Africa)-2 Laps55 Patricio Maximiliano Farias Diaz (Chile)-2 Laps56 Stuart Marais (South Africa)-2 Laps57 Michael Broderick (United States of America)-2 Laps58 Elia Silvestri (Italy)-2 Laps59 José Juan Escarcega (Mexico)-3 Laps60 Heinrich Köhne (Namibia)-3 Laps61 Paul van der Ploeg (Australia)-4 Laps62 Ben Melt Swanepoel (South Africa)-4 Laps63 Sang Hoon Na (Republic of Korea)-4 Laps64 Omer Cumhur Boyraz (Turkey)-4 Laps65 Salih Manavoglu (Turkey)-4 Laps66 Luthando Fatyi (South Africa)-4 Laps67 Tumisang Taabe (Lesotho)-4 Laps68 Phetetso Monese (Lesotho)-5 Laps69 Thuso Makatise (Lesotho)-5 Laps

No it means the leader did 2 more laps than he did. in other words if Nino did 7 laps then Max had done 5 when he was pulled off the track.They usually pull off the riders who are going to be lapped before they get lapped to try and prevent them affecting the leaders race, but sometimes it does not work out that way.

Some races in Europe they have someone on a motorbike riding a few minutes in front of the leaders and if he catches up / passes you, you then have to pull off.

2003 world champs in Lugano and I think also at Champrey the guy had a broom tied onto his back aka broom bus style

Here's the pic, taken at 2003 world champs in Lugano

post-182-0-39564800-1378234779_thumb.jpg

Edited by SwissVan

2003 world champs in Lugano and I think also at Champrey the guy had a broom tied onto his back aka broom bus style

Cool

Cool

Hijack

Very cool, was the year Mr Min won his first World champs and Ryder Hesjedal was racing Elite MTB for Canada

2 more pics of the downhill course at Lugano, including a Saffa (cannot remember who) riding a Morewood

post-182-0-94081000-1378235293_thumb.jpg

post-182-0-68344200-1378235317_thumb.jpg