Adverse Analytical Finding – SA XCO Champs [July 2013]

Matt

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Philip van Vuuren has been provisionally suspended with an adverse analytical finding in an in - competition test held on 20 July at the SA MTB cross-country championships. Anabolic steroids.

from News24

Edited by Admin
Merged

Correct, my bad , sorry Eldron........ again ........

Nay worries. I'll happily own my bad days.

If someone gets a laugh out of it then that's a bonus :-)

If you or Boosted had a GoPro we could have made a whole montage based on 2 hour's riding!

As for this thread - if the B sample is positive then throw him out of the sport for good - no license ever again. Or give him a presenting job on Supercycling. Hang on - that's way to cruel!!

Who is Philip van Vuuren?

Check his Facebook page - Philip Janse van Vuuren, alias Fielies (if it the same person).

Check him driving his Golf with one foot out of the window (dunno why)

Check his Facebook page - Philip Janse van Vuuren, alias Fielies (if it the same person).

We clen users do roll like that.

Nay worries. I'll happily own my bad days.

If someone gets a laugh out of it then that's a bonus :-)

If you or Boosted had a GoPro we could have made a whole montage based on 2 hour's riding!

As for this thread - if the B sample is positive then throw him out of the sport for good - no license ever again. Or give him a presenting job on Supercycling. Hang on - that's way to cruel!!

whahahahahhaaaaaaaaaa

He finished seventh out of eight elite riders and was lapped on lap five out of the seven laps

He was five minutes off the pace on an 11/12 minute lap and his time for five laps was slower than the winner took to do seven !!!!

WTF was he doing even bothering.

Should he have been tested: Why not? Where is the line between being good enough to be tested and not tested. And if he uses dope to improve, at some point he will become good enough to compete so why not stop him now. A big up to Saids for catching him.

Should he have been tested: Why not? Where is the line between being good enough to be tested and not tested. And if he uses dope to improve, at some point he will become good enough to compete so why not stop him now. A big up to Saids for catching him.

Yebo, well said

Stalk much?

He finished seventh out of eight elite riders and was lapped on lap five out of the seven laps

He was five minutes off the pace on an 11/12 minute lap and his time for five laps was slower than the winner took to do seven !!!!

WTF was he doing even bothering.

I'm all for catching guys and it's great news, but the guys who are doping and are serious about it, won't get caught for anything on race day... I can't remember who said it, but they said failing an in competition test was like failing an IQ test. They need to test the competitive guys in the lead up to the world champs, Cape Epics etc