What do you do with your medals?

gummibear

I give mine to my two year old...she collects them in her little barbie jewelry box....daddy is her hero

Aww. :)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ever so often I will sit down with the missus for some "quality time" and help her with her hobby - scrapbooking. since I made the promise to get het cycling with me I will do that with her. so the medals we collect at races go into the "book of memories". plus I score brownie points :whistling:

Not even my partner will get me to scrapbook.

Hat off to you!

The only medal I have kept is my Comrades bronze ...

I have kept not even that one.

What I do is give mine to the first three year old who is looking with longing at the medal his father won and that his older brother is wearing proudly around his neck.

But then again, I was a second child........

• 3 weeks later...

Give them to my daughter to play with ! Would rather get something useful from race organisers

Dirtopia handed out bottle openers at one race. That was a nice idea.

Mine live on the end of the curtain rail in my office! Oneday when I finally have some funds to sort out and extend my workshop they way I want it then they can all go and live in there and get dusty that side near the beer fridge....!

post-12678-0-64824700-1380630327_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Personally I think this is an incredible idea, and I hope you sell loads of them.

I guess I am like most people here, my medals have taken up residence in shoe-boxes and lets be honest thats really a shame! I know a "Crocodile Creek 50km fun ride" medal is no comparison to an Epic or Comrades medal, but at the end of the day someone staged an event and went to the trouble of having the medal made. Its a reminder that at some point in time, a race was put on for us and we took part! We would all cry if there were no races or events. I may sound idealistic, but celebrate the fact we have a sport and that we have something other than our memories to show for it. Maybe its my age showing, but it sure is nice to look back and think about all those races, all those kilometres and all of the training!

(My apologies if there is an actual Crocodile Creek fun ride?!)

My kids get the little one's and I keep the ones I had to k@k off for in a drawer somewhere.

This looks like a great alternative.

Firstly I judge most races on a good medal..look at the quality of a medal and you know he did actually put something back into the race.

we keep ours on display in the braai room.

I ride my times and average race or run speed on their back..this way you can look at old times and always strive to improve