Alloy vs carbon What is realy the best

F111

I own a Scott spark 940 MTB and want to get a road bike because we also do a lot of road races. What will be the best carbon vs alloy? or must I carry on just riding with my MTB fitted with slicks.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I own a Scott spark 940 MTB and want to get a road bike because we also do a lot of road races. What will be the best carbon vs alloy? or must I carry on just riding with my MTB fitted with slicks.

29'er with slicks is a sin

Carbon if you've got the bucks or find a deal on The Hub. Just make sure the components are decent. Shimano 105 or equivalent or better.

PS. Whatever you get you will upgrade before you can say Ultegra.

Edited by Dazshell

29'er with slicks is a sin

Nope, it's a few levels worse than a sin.

If you have the cash, carbon... Does not only weigh less, but gives a smoother ride as well. (Less road vibration).

Edited by jmic

The prophets of doom have said that after prolonged and hectic braking some carbon clincher rims can overheat and delaminate.... but carbon looks oh so cool..... who cares if it explodes when you go down Mt Ventoux?.... Carbon tubbies if budget isn't an issue I say.

What can I do my buddies ride the road races and I must do it on the mtb I spent more on the new wheel set than a entry level road bike

Knobblies are like nipples, the bigger the better and you should never feel a tool when using them

Eish bro.... I like you analogy but hubcap size 'knobblies' are not cool. I prefer my 'knobblies' little and pert.

OP, if your friends make you ride on the road get new friends....