Assaulted rider on the Spruit

Paulst12

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey All, simple observation. My wife rides socially, MTB &Road, and walks the dogs regularly at Emmarentia and has commented on the attitude of the cycists there. (Obviously MTBer's on the spruit have ATTITUDE)

Simple rules:

Everyone have respect.

Sorry your Strava attempt failed due to a dog walking a person.

Dogs and people were there before MTB's. (let's not count the decades)

If one forgets about respect, get on a road bike and have attitude with the cars and lunatics on the road.You will learn or die trying to earn that respect, and no one will care anyway.

We all ride, and we need to ask the simple question, WHY are we riding, for the pleasure of it, or to prove a F**ing point

So you are saying the people weren't to blame and it was actually the dogs who took them for a walk? That will stand up in court for sure.

So you are saying the people weren't to blame and it was actually the dogs who took them for a walk? That will stand up in court for sure.

gehehe luv it....

And the hounds then forced their owners to release them from their bindings

from whence they then went forth barking rabidly "Track, give me track..."

Surely dogs are allowed some freedom off the leash in a open park?

I mean c'mon... parents unleash their brats when they go to the mall....so why not the hounds?

To sort of link with the trolling thread on the same subject methinks some advanced 'spruit MTB skills are needed. Forget da bunny hop of da half brick beloved of real MTB'ers.

I'm think of "how to ride over a dog" by Dylan Victor; you know lean back, unweight the front, berm off the ribs watching out for the snapping teeth etc. But remember to be relaxed. Hikers are a bit tougher, go for the thin bits, avoiding them as they topple, keep momentum for balance, hands loose on the bars, weight neutral, kick away grasping fingers and snagging clothes. 29'ers have the advantage here, small dogs go under almost unnoticed with 1,5bar in Geax Wolfskin tyres. Suspension settings are important to absorb small dogs but not bottom out on bigger beasts and humans.

Haha shame... So MTB boy beats up MTB boy and you guys still try to blame a roadie!

I do love The Hub!

Yep, seems if ANYTHING bad happens - the roadies (and ex-roadies) are to blame. Period!

Can we not just flag the spruit as dangerous on Strava like some roads have and then people wont try set new lap records on there as they have nothing to compare to?

Thaty will stop some of the lance wannabes

Just a thought, I dunno whats the process though

Can we not just flag the spruit as dangerous on Strava like some roads have and then people wont try set new lap records on there as they have nothing to compare to?

Thaty will stop some of the lance wannabes

Just a thought, I dunno whats the process though

RUN FORREST RUN

When are you going to man up that you are the highly strung tattooed individual ?

I think his answer is in his avatar!

I WAS WONDERING THE SAME THING SURELY ITS TIME FOR YOUR VERSION?????

cant be scared of the hub only a bunch of keyboard warriors here nothing to worry about

The Hounds of Baskerville!

Not sure whether they're at the spruit, or on the HUB.

Whatever, lucky it's only typing and not voice over.