PaulTeague

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yup! for the DH set on Chris Kings... over 30k :eek:

Fekkit, but soo hot.

Was buying some wheels a while ago so thought I will see what a set of Enve AM on CK hubs will cost me... Brother in law started phoning around and came back with 22 gorillas for a set, nearly moered off my chair, asked him what are the hubs made from....gold. He quickly corrected me and said

Oh no, that is just the rims, no hubs yet :eek:

Edited by rouxtjie

how about those guys trying to sell XC 26er for 20k......dont they know its just not done round these parts anymore, unless u can find the hard guy from the spruit on flats, who needs a second bike for his decent down Everest, that he will strap to his back just in case.

last moan: please delete your ad when you've sold the item......I don't want to see ********SOLD******** in the tile!

:whistling:

Sometimes I leave the ad up, but change the heading to sold, just until I can get the seller to leave feedback on the sale.

Sometimes I leave the ad up, but change the heading to sold, just until I can get the seller to leave feedback on the sale.

+1, I never delete ad's I just update the heading with SOLD, think that makes it clear enough. Good for reference purposes if someone else wants to sell or buy the same thing and also keeps record.

My favourite is the bikes that have only done 80 km! Who on earth buys a bike, rides it for 80km and then decides to sell it? 80km is one Saturday morning ride. There is no way on earth that you can buy a bike, ride it 80km and then decide that its not for you. Unless you got shnaaid by a bike shop and the bike is way too big or way too small. Dunno, dont make sense to me.

And then the okes that want to sell their 26" because they are UPGRADING to a 29er. Wear you flame proof suit if you say this. Riding a 26" or a 650b

or a 29er is personal choice, its not an upgrade.

BTW, I ride a 29er and love it, my training partner rides a 26" bike and loves it. Personal choice, one is not better than another.

last moan: please delete your ad when you've sold the item......I don't want to see ********SOLD******** in the tile!

:whistling:

Ads should have a time limit of a week, and then the person putting the ad up would need to re-submit it

+1, I never delete ad's I just update the heading with SOLD, think that makes it clear enough. Good for reference purposes if someone else wants to sell or buy the same thing and also keeps record.

I do that.

But guaranteed I will get 3 or 4 "is it still available?" PM or emails when there is @dipslick typing in front of the description.

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/60241-sold-2014-cape-epic-team-entry/

I do that.

But guaranteed I will get 3 or 4 "is it still available?" PM or emails when there is @dipslick typing in front of the description.

http://www.thehubsa....pic-team-entry/

Ja don't get that....I mean sold means gone, weg, verkoop, klaar, no-more.

I just ignore those comments on a sale I have marked as sold though.

Fekkit, but soo hot.

Was buying some wheels a while ago so thought I will see what a set of Enve AM on CK hubs will cost me... Brother in law started phoning around and came back with 22 gorillas for a set, nearly moered off my chair, asked him what are the hubs made from....gold. He quickly corrected me and said

Oh no, that is just the rims, no hubs yet :eek:

yup! I remember hearing $2000 for the DH rims alone. So that probikeshop price is actually very reasonable... for someone with 30k to spend on wheels.