Seller's Integrity

"Stevens"

Its OK, we and likewise Marco, can decide with whom and how we do business.....lesson learned.

Be happy he even responded ... Ive asked about some of his goods and never heard back

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely if you put 3x Zip SLC bars up for sale, the first 3 people to respond are either entitled to buy the items or at least deserve an answer. WTF...and the onion award goes to.,..........

um, its the HUB. you pay, you play. simple.

try selling stuff here with some guys saying "dibs" on this and that, and then never coming to the party.

I think everyone is missing a huge point here. Who says he only advertised on the hub? He could have advertised on twenty different sites. I am with the seller on this one his number was in the advert. What do you think he well get first a call on his phone or a reply on the internet? Maybe the first three people to see the product advertised first, phoned straight away and didn't reply dibs on the product.

The shop failed in selling this fairly by ignoring posts and not specifying phone calls as level of engagement.

Rather not use the marketplace of HubSA if posts (offers) are not taken seriously.

Honestly,

How do you know the phonecalls made by buyers were not done so before the OP typed in his interest? Since its not face to face sale, you have no idea as to who beat you to the punch and got his cash on the table.

Do you honestly believe sellers are sitting in front of their ads once they post them, just to respond to whomever is interested? OMG, what if they need a toilet break? Calamity. pfffft. If there is a phone number in the advert, then this is implied as a means to engage. use it or lose it.

Buying anything on the hub is a lottery, if you want it that bad make sure you get it. if you are too "scared"to make the physical phonecall and speak to the seller directly, but rather type a response then prepare to be disappointed as you certainly wont be first in the que.

Edited by Li Mu Bai

Would you say you are the perfect buyer?

No, I'm not the perfect anything.

But when I say I'm buying, I arrive with the correct amount of cash in hand.

Willing buyer, willing seller.

Simple.

But you wouldn't get that

No, I'm not the perfect anything.

But when I say I'm buying, I arrive with the correct amount of cash in hand.

Willing buyer, willing seller.

Simple.

But you wouldn't get that

Just a question don't get your panties all twisted.

I like your "but you wouldn't get that" part. You still think you more cleverer than the rest of the hub

If the seller is unaware of the responses on the Hub but fully aware of his phone ringing, I don't see the problem. People can't be expected to sit all day on the Hub refreshing constantly. You can't expect to hold someone to something they do not know about.

Edited by Nick.

I will sat this.

No reflection on seller or buyer in this case.

If one posts and advert on The Hub in the classifieds, then you better be sure to follow said advert and make sure to come back yo it on a regular basis till it's closed.

Just a question don't get your panties all twisted.

I like your "but you wouldn't get that" part. You still think you more cleverer than the rest of the hub

CLEVERERRRRR

cleverer comparative of clev·er (Adjective)

Adjective

• Quick to understand, learn, and devise or apply ideas; intelligent.
  • Skilled at doing or achieving something; talented: "she is clever with her hands".

I FIRST HAD TO GOOGLE IT :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

WoW... I didn't think this was going to cause such an uproar...

I didn'd read all the comments because we are Really very busy. That's also the reason why I only check 'the hub' once a day.

Sorry for the guys that missed out on the deal but as said I sold to the first 3 customers that phoned and confirmed.

We advertise a lot of items and probably 90% of the PM's and Emails we get are 'tyre kickers' (as someone used the phrase earlier).

If you see a bargain and you REALLY want the item, phone the guy and make sure he knows you are a serious buyer.

With all future ad's I will mention that serious buyers that phone will receive preference.

Thx to the guys defending my situation.

happy cycling..!!

Ciao

marco

011 466 9974

I didn'd read all the comments because we are Really very busy. That's also the reason why I only check 'the hub' once a day.

Sorry for the guys that missed out on the deal but as said I sold to the first 3 customers that phoned and confirmed.

We advertise a lot of items and probably 90% of the PM's and Emails we get are 'tyre kickers' (as someone used the phrase earlier).

If you see a bargain and you REALLY want the item, phone the guy and make sure he knows you are a serious buyer.

With all future ad's I will mention that serious buyers that phone will receive preference.

happy cycling..!!

Ciao

marco

011 466 9974

Good to hear that you are busy :thumbup:

happy cycling..!!

Ciao

marco

011 466 9974

I opened this can of worms, so best I should put a lid on it. Can I have the last word and then I will "Zipp it" (pardon the pun). I guess those of us that have only been hubbing for a couple of months can take a lesson from it.

It could have been totally avoided had the seller indicated that the purchase should be confirmed telephonically as opposed to what I thought was the norm (to use the Hub) , hence me being a tad miffed at the loss of opportunity.

Some people touched on the legal side of things.....but, hell I dont think anyone accused the seller of doing anything illegal. so we dont need any more cross referencing to common civil law.

Having read a few of the comments I drew to a conclusion: and just to make it clear, with NO reference to the seller, although most hubbers are friendly and respectful it is clear that not everyone has the same value system.

Lets face it that the product on offer was a sweet deal and I dont think any cyclist would doubt that it would not "Zipp off the shelves" in no time. (there I go again)

The value of this item is known as illustrated by the interest. So, a reasonable man would assume that when a prospective buyer says "I will take one" that he has the money and intends to pay for the item. And the reasonable seller will sell as offered, without changing the terms.

I cant understand why people would then twenty or thirty comments later say "I will take one" Dudes there were only three sets. Or do some people PM the seller and offer R5 more to secure the deal? Is this the "at all costs" thing I am picking up here? Anyway each to their own.

I would like to withdraw my "Onion Award" as I now have a better understanding of this Hubbing thing we cant live without.

cheers