Santa Cruz Tallboy 2

Tankman

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tallboy 2 frame and Fox CTD rear shock retails for R33 835.

But pop in with your Lynskey and we will give you a better price while building it over to the Tallboy.

Wait ... aren't we busy doing exactly that right now?

What is the plan for the beautiful Lynskey going forward?

It has SingleSpeed with rigid carbon fork ridden all over it! :drool:

(I can help with that also! :D )

post-4352-0-22247100-1379608805_thumb.jpg

That's the old Lynskey frame, top tube is straight now, saw that frame on gumtree I think... I'm in JHB tankman. No way I will strip any of my ti bikes, got lots of spares......

Hi, my name is Deon and I'm a tallboy-holic... Hi Deon...

Ok, already said I'm a complete Tallboy nut, fan, groupie... Just finished building up my third one last night and wow - it rides like a dream... :)

Anyone in the market for a much loved, well looked after, 2012/2013 model, Medium, Black? (Lurking in the background of the pic)

post-15872-0-98678100-1379660924_thumb.jpg

Edited by deonkretch

i rode my tallboy 2 at epic this year. not to exaggerate but the frameset made mince meat out of the terrain. the climbing was limited only by my legs...for a non racing geometry my baby flew.

i would love to throw XX1, some lighter components and the new CTD forks onto it to really turn it into a racing beast.

Not sure if it's that one that was carbon on the previous version, which seemed like a soft spot. I know two guys who cracked their carbon pivots which were replaced by alu ones from Dragons.

CAAD4 - yeah our linkages were replaced with alu ones, much happier man!

Ok, already said I'm a complete Tallboy nut, fan, groupie... Just finished building up my third one last night and wow - it rides like a dream... :)

Anyone in the market for a much loved, well looked after, 2012/2013 model, Medium, Black? (Lurking in the background of the pic)

How much u thinkin...?

In a similar league is the SB 95, priced similar. But the TB is special.

If you not a racing snake consider the TB LT. Slightly more relaxed geo and a better all rounder IMO.

I luuv this thread. Talking about two of my three most loved things - Santa Tallboy and Lynskey (the third will be a bit awkward to discuss). I cannot let my Tallboy 1 go - it would be like putting down a faithfull dog for no good reason. REALLY like the idea that so many peeps are joining the club though. After many incarnations (and lots of money) I would strongly recommend: Cane Creek headset, XO gripshift 2x10, Arch Ex rims and of course Chris King Hubs. XX brakes = not lekka.

So how mucwh for the old frame?

I recently sold my TallBoy and got myself a TallBoy LTc. I run it with mostly XX (2x10 gripshift) and XT brakes, Enve wheels, Ritchey cockpit. I loved my first one but love this one even more. I really don't think I gave up anything ito racing ability. The LTc just gives me so much more confidence when it gets hectic. I ride with a Fox CTD front and back and have remote lockout. The lockout lever is really ugly but it works very well and gives the bike a lot more versatility.

If I have to replace my bike it will definitively be another TallBoy.

I ride with a Fox CTD front and back and have remote lockout. The lockout lever is really ugly but it works very well and gives the bike a lot more versatility.

If I have to replace my bike it will definitively be another TallBoy.

I agree, that Fox lever is one big ass lever which they could not make any uglier. It takes over your whole handlebar!

If you want someting that looks neat and compact, try the Twinlock lever from Scott. It also has 3 settings and works perfectly for the CTD adjustments! :thumbup:

Is that frame still avaialble?

• 1 month later...

Tankman...you have PM. Looking for a Tallboy 2 frameset. Or anyone that can assist...will also consider tallboy 1.

Thanks.