AA -The Avid Appreciation society

PhilipV

So would any of you Avid fans like to relieve me of my Elixir 7's...? :thumbup:

I will take it from you for free if you insist!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So would any of you Avid fans like to relieve me of my Elixir 7's...? :thumbup:

I will take it from you for free if you insist!

So will I.

I'll give you a good price though...lol

Be careful, when you give someone something that is destined to fail, they can hold you liable for damages.

when i said small intimate group i meant people who feel the same......i think this is going to become a junk mail classified section of guys trying to dump AA

Have been monitoring the Avid bashing for a while now, think most of the bashing come from riders who have never even ridden with SRAM, they just heard that SRAM is "***" as a result they are happy to bash.

Also think a lot of the bashing comes from blokes who are using SLX level brakes (see low end and cheap)

I have a XX groupset on my MTB for the past 4 years, not once did it fail me, the modulation is excellent.

At first I also experienced the sqeekly noises when braking, solved that when I replaced the pads with XON pads purchased from CWC, now they are silent.

My wife has the new XT brakes with ice tech rotors and cooling fins on her bike, the brakes are excellent, while the stopping power is greater than my XX I would not swap her.

Be careful, when you give someone something that is destined to fail, they can hold you liable for damages.

or just chalk it up to bad karma

Hi I'm Grebs and I run Juicy 7's on my DH bike. Never had an issue with noise or bleeding. Pull the lever and they stop. Pull harder and they stop faster.

I run Hayes Stroker Trails on my trail bike and my son will be running a Hayes/Deore mix on his bike when we get that rolling.

As you can see, I'm not really fussed. As long as **** happens when you pull the lever.

Hi I am Johan. In our workshop we have successfully upgraded many Avid systems to V-brakes.

We also like to tease Avid owners about their brakes and they all take it very seriously. Which makes it so much more fun.

Have been monitoring the Avid bashing for a while now, think most of the bashing come from riders who have never even ridden with SRAM, they just heard that SRAM is "***" as a result they are happy to bash.

I had Elixir 7 and X0. Your point is invalid.

My XT's are no mess, no fuss, work every time, does what it says on the box, every time.

when i said small intimate group i meant people who feel the same......i think this is going to become a junk mail classified section of guys trying to dump AA

I've got some 2010 Avid's Elixir CR's* hardly used and new calipers (2010*) going for free:

1. To anyone who comes and fetches them.

2. Or pays for the postage.

3. Signs a free me from Liability agreement.

pm me if your interested and if serious I can post pics

*Edits

My reason for getting rid of mine is not because I dislike Avids - its just that I have small hands and cant adjust the reach enough so that I can grip the brakes enough without the pads being to close to the rotor... Once they heat up, its toast..lol

I've got some 2010 Avid's hardly used and new calipers (2011) going for free:

1. To anyone who comes and fetches them.

2. Or pays for the postage.

3. Signs a free me from Liability agreement.

pm me if your interested and if serious I can post pics

I say Burn Them, because throwing them away is like leaving a plastic bag in a park for a bird to choke on.

Archived