Tattoos

chris_w_65

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could even be something as simple as a SMILEY FACE,

I saw a guy riding at Modderfontein a while ago with a smiley face on his calve (was a small sun)

He had one of these bad boys stuck in his sock...I stayed far away from him

http://spydercollector.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_kiwislipit.jpg

I saw a guy riding at Modderfontein a while ago with a smiley face on his calve (was a small sun)

He had one of these bad boys stuck in his sock...I stayed far away from him

http://spydercollector.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_kiwislipit.jpg

HE ONCE TOLD ME SLOW DOWN OR I WILL CUT YOUR TENDONS THE SHERRIFF IS MY WITNESS

Phew Caerus, thats hectic, not something I would do but I can admire the art work anyway.

How long did it take? I cant really tell if its your arm or your calf but it must have been quite a long period of inactivity.

Phew Caerus, thats hectic, not something I would do but I can admire the art work anyway.

How long did it take? I cant really tell if its your arm or your calf but it must have been quite a long period of inactivity.

That is done on the back of my right calf, seems my calves have shrunk in size, lol :unsure: That was a 3 hour setting on Saturday afternoon, all done freehand. I'll be off the bike for a few days, but super stoked with the new addition :thumbup:

I've got another tattoo being done on my rib cage this Friday afternoon, thats gonna be a 4 hour sitting, and from what I've been told is gonna be really painful :eek: .

Edited by Caerus

That is done on the back of my right calf, seems my calves have shrunk in size, lol :unsure: That was a 3 hour setting on Saturday afternoon, all done freehand. I'll be off the bike for a few days, but super stoked with the new addition :thumbup:

I've got another tattoo being done on my rib cage this Friday afternoon, thats gonna be a 4 hour sitting, and from what I've been told is gonna be really painful :eek: .

Pheew, I can imagine, anywhere there is bone near the skin surface must be painful.

I was wondering if there any sort of personal message or remembrance you considered when deciding on an octopus or if you just liked the art and that was your deciding factor.? I know it may be personal so please dont think I am prying, I was just interested, but if you feel you would rather not reply, its no problem, I understand.

Pheew, I can imagine, anywhere there is bone near the skin surface must be painful.

I was wondering if there any sort of personal message or remembrance you considered when deciding on an octopus or if you just liked the art and that was your deciding factor.? I know it may be personal so please dont think I am prying, I was just interested, but if you feel you would rather not reply, its no problem, I understand.

With regards to getting an octopus, I have a connection with the sea (also being a pisces) so I really just wanted an octopus to go with other tattoos I have as I'm doing a full leg piece eventually, a shark will be next. Personally for me I like the art, Iv'e been fascinated by tattoos from a young age, and I get tattoos of things that interest me, and purely because I like the artwork.

My next piece, on the ribs will be of an owl. This for me will symbolise the wisdom & independence and perspective I have gained over the past year due to the breakdown of my marriage, I also love birds and the freedom that they have, I have a few bird tattoos already.

I'm getting it too put a line under the problems I have been through this past year and a constant reminder of better things to come.

I've had work done on my ribcage and also directly on top of where I broke my collarbone. It is painful!!! Ribcage especially where I had quite a few sessions due to a lot of shading. But's it's bearable.

With regards to getting an octopus, I have a connection with the sea (also being a pisces) so I really just wanted an octopus to go with other tattoos I have as I'm doing a full leg piece eventually, a shark will be next. Personally for me I like the art, Iv'e been fascinated by tattoos from a young age, and I get tattoos of things that interest me, and purely because I like the artwork.

My next piece, on the ribs will be of an owl. This for me will symbolise the wisdom & independence and perspective I have gained over the past year due to the breakdown of my marriage, I also love birds and the freedom that they have, I have a few bird tattoos already.

I'm getting it too put a line under the problems I have been through this past year and a constant reminder of better things to come.

Thats a nice explanation, thank you. I like your train of thought, positive and level headed, we all go through rough patches but I am a firm believer in nothing lasts forever, and we mostly we come out the other side better for the experience,.. certainly wiser.

Looking forward to seeing the Owl, my brother has a small bird rehabilitation hospital at his home, he has been doing it for many many years now and people from all over the country, including some vets and even the SPCA bring him injured and helpless birds to look after, he rehabilitates them and lets them all go if he feels they have reached a point where they can look after themselves. If not he looks after them for their lives.

He often gets beautiful Owls which have been knocked down on the road at night, I think he has a soft spot for them as he always calls me to come look, the other day he got the most magnificent falcon, also badly injured but with care he says it will live on. We need to care for all the creatures of the world, its our responsibility.

Thats a nice explanation, thank you. I like your train of thought, positive and level headed, we all go through rough patches but I am a firm believer in nothing lasts forever, and we mostly we come out the other side better for the experience,.. certainly wiser.

Looking forward to seeing the Owl, my brother has a small bird rehabilitation hospital at his home, he has been doing it for many many years now and people from all over the country, including some vets and even the SPCA bring him injured and helpless birds to look after, he rehabilitates them and lets them all go if he feels they have reached a point where they can look after themselves. If not he looks after them for their lives.

He often gets beautiful Owls which have been knocked down on the road at night, I think he has a soft spot for them as he always calls me to come look, the other day he got the most magnificent falcon, also badly injured but with care he says it will live on. We need to care for all the creatures of the world, its our responsibility.

The strange thing about my choice of an owl is that I have been seeing images, dreaming about them and my my ex hated them, so seemed a very fitting decision in the end.