BEST BICYCLE FOR THE ARGUS

renburg

my time this year was 5h10 and it was the best 5hrs i spent on a bike. prepare well, ride and take pics, msg to the ones who love you. gr8 fun

btw slicks...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a 29er with slicks and my time is comming down on the road, I sometimes get dropped on hills. On desents I quickly run out revs that's why I'm looking to buy a road bike

Guest Latent Blue

My intention is to enjoy the ride in an average time for my age.

There is your answer...

Put on slicks...

And enjoy

Use what you have. There is nothing more satisfying that passing a roadie on your 26'' MTB.

And remember to smile and wave when you pass them :whistling:

Naughty

Naughty

Heehee

Use what you have. There is nothing more satisfying that passing a roadie on your 26'' MTB.

And remember to smile and wave when you pass them :whistling:

Clearly you don't have a 26" MTB Singlespeed to pass roadies with.... :)

Get a "Sub 3" bike

Let me know if you see one in the classifieds. My training up to now hasnt gotten me close yet, so maybe a sub 3 bike will do the trick. :whistling: :thumbup:

If those come to South Africa I am sure you will not be the only one ... what a beautiful combination of practicality and convenience.

If you want to ride a 29er in your MTB events, buy a 29er. If you want to do more road event, by a road bike. If not, stick with the 26.

ditch the lot and do it on a single speed! i did it last year on one and i dont think i will ever use a normal road bike again for this race! its was far to much fun! and i really had a blast doing it!

the argus is far to pretty a race to "Race". do it at an easy pace and enjoy the atmosphere!

stop and have a beer here or there, have luch in campsbay! use the entire alloted time to the max!!

i got disqualified one year for taking to long! ride time was 3h30min but in total we took nearly 9 hours! lol

Definitely get a 27.5 er

Why would you suggest a 650B for a long road race? Surely a 29er would be a better choice here...

Why would you suggest a 650B for a long road race? Surely a 29er would be a better choice here...

I guess you are right, but its still like debating what is the best knife to take to a gunfight...