Rant: CWC Green Point

Hairy

While I don't mind CWC, the strict separation between online and shop to a point where they don't talk to each other as in Hairy's case is frustrating. It's like walking into a yellow MTN branded shop being told "we are only a franchise and can't help you". For me as a customer, if you put the brand name up, you are one part of the bigger picture and I expect the same service as in all other of your departments.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If cwc are going to want to be a force to recon with in the cbd they need to be on top of their game from a service and workshop perspective as there are a couple of bike shops in close proximity from whom they could learn alot or to whom they will loose many prospective clients to if this is theway they ar going to operate.

Anyway it is not my business, so this should not be my concern. What is my concern is what my experience in the store was.

String....both you and I have met in two different lbs's before and in both of those I have never once encountered a similar situation, and this would include for high pressure situations.

The one store closer to home has had to deal with exceptionally rude and often abusive clientele and not once have they nit gone out of their way to make good to a situation .....

For now let things settle and cwc have the opportunity of commenting, I could just be completely out of place and acting like a chop, our be partially in the right or mostly right in what I had expected or to be upset enough to run with this on a pubic forum.

So this is about a set of grips?

That is a spectacular piece of missing the point.

In this case, as is often true, it doesn't seem to be the initial problem causing the friction but rather the inept reaction to the problem. Hopefully CWC can do something to fix this, and in fairness their reputation would suggest that they would.

AKA - non tubeless tyre users, aka Ikon or Crossmark single ply users.

Or - anyone not running tubeless tyres with a reasonable sidewall thickness... But yes, in the cape, you need tjoops if a cut is more than 3" long and you don't have a set of pre-cut tubeless patches and needle n thread (yes, you can sew a tyre back together if it's been slit, and there's a patch backing it up)

You are soooo showing me how tonso this! Have a Ground Control with plenty tread still on that has a neat slash from bergie bottle that I'd loe to try and fix.

And I meant to post earlier, but anyone that even barely knows the Hairy one will know he is the last one to bitch about nothing, so on Monday have your forkenknife ready for some humble pie.

In friendly talk with mates before the store opened everyone agreed that if that shop was to work it would depend on who the staff and manager was(Greenpoint is not Bellville).Without adding fuel,who is the manager at the shop Hairy?

Oh sorry I see the pie was already served. Hairy, I would have lost the plot and gone all Consumer Protection Man on them. It is a form of false advertising, but actually just pathetic client management more than anything else.

CWC is starting to become more and more the Dis-Chem of cycle shops. Oh you want a bike, well here is *insert product currently being pushed here*. Good luck to them. They won't see my money even if it means spending more at my LBS where I feel welcome and appreciated.

Hi Hairy

Sorry, this must have been a misunderstanding.

Our Online Stock is being run from our Durbanville's branch, and is a different stock warehouse than Greenpoint. (stock control reasons)

So we cant pull stock from GP. You can comment and say you would like it to be delivered to GP, but this will only be available the next day for collection. (again for stock control, or even the item not being available at GP branch)

We apologize for the manner our Manager handled it, and will follow this up with him!

Sorry once again for all the loose ends, our new branch is something new, and trying our best to get it running smoothly.

Thanks for the feedback cwc.

Please just note that the email I received stated my goods were ready for collection.

To prevent further confusion, please could your page when you select your delivery collection method on the site please cover the "collect next day" option if you would like to collect in gp

So just checking, would the order be available at gp for me to collect. If so then Monday would work for me....i might send someone to collect for me instead

So just checking, would the order be available at gp for me to collect. If so then Monday would work for me....i might send someone to collect for me instead

Go yourself, Hairy!

The manager in question might apologise with a lil courtesy carbon something prezzie, if you know what I mean...

Thanks for the feedback cwc.

Please just note that the email I received stated my goods were ready for collection.

To prevent further confusion, please could your page when you select your delivery collection method on the site please cover the "collect next day" option if you would like to collect in gp

We will be bringing a option where u can select GP or Durbanville.

They did send a package to GP yesterday afternoon, which we are sure is yours, but will just confirm!