27.5" vs 29"

KleinLenise

I saw a blonde and a brunette at 3 towers this weekend.

Pick one, you cant ride both at the same time... they both ride slightly different, one maybe better than the other :ph34r:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pick one, you cant ride both at the same time... they both ride slightly different, one maybe better than the other :ph34r:

Yeah, but if I had to ask one to marry me (or nail colours to one) it would be the 29er (having ridden both).. hehehe

There was a thread on converting a 26" Morewood Zula to 27.5". Difficulties in finding the thread?

Can some one help

Guest Latent Blue

My gf has just got a 29'er and she is quite short. Has no problems at all on it.

Somewhere, someone in this story is compensating for something......

Verskoon my Afrikaans , Ek het `n 29er small is ook 1.67 , het ondervind sukkel met klimme en singeltrack , het gisteraand met demo 650b gery , ry baie beter op klimme asook op singetrack , afdraande en gelyk pad is die 29er beter.Dit hang net af watter roetes jy hou , en daar volgends jou besluit maak op tipe fiets.Dit is my mening.

Verskoon my Afrikaans , Ek het `n 29er small is ook 1.67 , het ondervind sukkel met klimme en singeltrack , het gisteraand met demo 650b gery , ry baie beter op klimme asook op singetrack , afdraande en gelyk pad is die 29er beter.Dit hang net af watter roetes jy hou , en daar volgends jou besluit maak op tipe fiets.Dit is my mening.

Iemand het dit reeds gese , oor 'n paar jaar sal jy nie eens 'n plaas hek kan bou met 29" nie . Kry maar die 650B dit sal die nuwe standaard wees , 29" was net iets wat die sales mense gebruik het om ons almal mee te vang . 29" is nice vir rigid SS and miskien die posman se fiets .

What about the "in between-er" ... the red head?

What about the "in between-er" ... the red head?

If she looks anything like "Donna" from Suits.... Ill have 2 please, because the first one Im gonna break.

IT IS NOT ABOUT THE BIKE (WHEELS)

IT IS THE ENGINE.....

Seriously here is my take and I have a 26er FS and a 29er HT....

Depends on what type of terrain you like to ride.... And what matters - enjoying the ride or racing for time. Here in SA we are obsessed with long distances and flat terrain. We moan and bitch when we have technical courses. ( there are a few threads on this here). We moan and bitch because we cannot ride technical terrain. The Nissan Trailseekers are a good example. A 3/10 obstacle results in everyone getting off and pushing.

When has height been a problem when there was only 26ers around?

I enjoy technical terrain and do XCO as a main event. I also do like the longer races even if the terrain is flatter. Hell I like riding on the Spruit. Just to get outdoors is great.

When it gets technical and tight the 29er can feel bulky and slow. A 26er rips tight and technical. on the flats the 26er is just as fast as a 29er. Remember IT'S THE ENGINE THAT COUNTS.

My opinion is that a 650B FS may be the actual happy medium.