SAd but the Hub is not safe anymore!

Ride4Life

This is a funny OLD story - the incident & start of the thread was Oct last year and then the OP re-heats it today. This is the deal on the insurance - but no explanation as to why they wont pay out. It's intriguing and I'm sure a lot is not being said. Makes my hyper-nosey.

Posted on the Bike Insurance Thread last night:

"So whatever you do stay away from I-Cycle. I was robbed at gun poit from my bike. It happened in a parking lot and was too far way for the camera's. After 2 months and treating me like I'm a traffic light begger they rejected my claim. But still up to now they have been more too happy to take my monthly debit order. Taken it to the ombudsman now and waiting for a verdict. Nobody should have to wait almost 5 months to have their bike replaced. The sad thing is if it happened in the veld they probably wouldn't have had a problem.

Save yourself the stress and the bullsh1t. Stay away from them. My wife's bike is with the rest of our stuff at Discovery. Great service and great prices"

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a funny OLD story - the incident & start of the thread was Oct last year and then the OP re-heats it today. This is the deal on the insurance - but no explanation as to why they wont pay out. It's intriguing and I'm sure a lot is not being said. Makes my hyper-nosey.

"So whatever you do stay away from I-Cycle. I was robbed at gun poit from my bike. It happened in a parking lot and was too far way for the camera's. After 2 months and treating me like I'm a traffic light begger they rejected my claim. But still up to now they have been more too happy to take my monthly debit order. Taken it to the ombudsman now and waiting for a verdict. Nobody should have to wait almost 5 months to have their bike replaced. The sad thing is if it happened in the veld they probably wouldn't have had a problem.

Save yourself the stress and the bullsh1t. Stay away from them. My wife's bike is with the rest of our stuff at Discovery. Great service and great prices"

interesting insights Joe

Been wondering when this was going to happen.Been a few bikes advertised in the R40-R70k range and it's easy pickings.I sold a car for a family member and they guy wanted to pay me with "diamonds"

I won't deal with anyone that doesn't at least a few posts over a few months.

Will never do the deal at my house and i always take a friend with just in case.I always try to meet at their work or at a police station.

How can they repudiate the claim?

Did you follow all the correct steps and open a case with the cops etc?

But possibly becuase it was a meeting to sell the bike may mean I-Cycle have some clause that gets them off the hook.

It is really weird that the OP didn't pursue this thread to try get leads on the guy who robbed him etc, just let it get cold.

Just read this thread now, and for sure, something is rotten in Denmark.

interesting insights Joe

Thanks Slowbee, but I sure am getting old, when I think about how I used to tackle these things. Just about choking on the tact and diplomacy, but the doc says it's the only way Medical Aid will cover me in the event of a seizure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I missed the original post in Oct '13 but my first reaction after reading the OP's first post was BS! I haven't bothered reading the rest apart from Joe's post above. Insurance fraud anyone?

Yikes!!!!.......not cool posting a pic like this.....at least make the effort to promote what you want to sell..........

(IMO....but that is just me.....OCD)

post-41755-0-56164700-1402392762_thumb.jpg

http://www.thehubsa....tyres-tubeless/

Don't see a problem with that,

the guy is selling rims and tyres (not wheelset).

Probably just cut the spokes to get the hubs out.

Cut spokes = mmmmm suspect. Why not remove the spokes alltoghether if selling rims and tyres

Cut spokes = mmmmm suspect. Why not remove the spokes alltoghether if selling rims and tyres

Maybe just lazy, or didn't know how to take the spokes off without damaging the rim/hub

Don't see a problem with that,

the guy is selling rims and tyres (not wheelset).

Probably just cut the spokes to get the hubs out.

Have you seen what spokes cost lately.