Not so hot dismounts in action

BarHugger

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it was Matt Macduff. Haven't heard of anyone else attempting it.

This was published shortly after the incident: http://www.the-rise.com/2016/03/matt-macduff-40-ft-loop-crash.html

Wonder if he realised how technical riding something like that is?

You have to ensure quite a few things are in place to ride out, speed, entry angle etc, it's not like a jump where there's more latitude to thumbsuck things.

That loop is enormous, now he's out I wonder who will attempt it, wonder what the park owner thinks, all that work, one ride and man down.

In all honesty the loop should have been a lot smaller, that way it wouldnt be a 1 hit wonder.

I know they wanted it for a record attempt but that completely limits its use.

If it was smaller then other riders could also attempt it without it being such a risk.

Danny Macaskill could probably ride that loop. He did a smaller one in Imaginate, but even then the outtakes / behind the scenes showed that it took a few attempts with some padded mattresses on the sides to get it right.

Guest notmyname

Want to see the park owners scars?

I believe the land owner doesn't ride. He just really digs that his land is being used for something so unfrikenbelievable.

I believe the land owner doesn't ride. He just really digs that his land is being used for something so unfrikenbelievable.

I will have to check Robs status ito land ownership - think he just operates the park - his is going to be an interesting old age after his crash and back surgery

I will have to check Robs status ito land ownership - think he just operates the park - his is going to be an interesting old age after his crash and back surgery

Saw him in crutches in some recent videos, what happened, was he the test rider to see if the darkness jumps had enough run up?!

Saw him in crutches in some recent videos, what happened, was he the test rider to see if the darkness jumps had enough run up?!

Bad landing somewhere - lots of pins and screws etc