Cyclist mugged and shot yesterday afternoon close to Woodlands

awesme

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They had a article last week's Rekord about these specific squatters and how the home owners of the neighboring estates live in absolute anxiety the past few weeks. Police are too scared to react or to get rid of these cowards. Fellow cyclists must please be very careful and try to avoid this area at all cost.

We could find the culprits and the buyers of these bikes etc .

Yeah might work to locate the buyer.

But i still believe that bike must be in the Squatter camp 1km away.

Thanks Kingalton, I have already submitted to Carte Blanche so we'll see what happens.

I'm meeting Pretoria News and Rekord today. I was also interviewed on 702 and it's going into the Beeld tomorrow. I'm doing my bit to get as much exposure to this as possible to stop these savage attacks!

This is simply awesome. Gives the rest of us lots some food for thought as to what we can do to help and stop these attacks on fellow cyclists. It was clearly not your time....you're an inspiration dude

This is shocking, I was Highjacked and stabbed just over a month ago as well. There must be a sindicate involved and these high jackers are just drugged up gunman for them, life means nothing to them.

I also submitted to Carte Blanche.

Have you brought this to the attention of Gareth Edwards from eNCA ?

G

A lady from the eNCA phoned me yesterday and said she wanted to come round today and chat about it, but I'm still waiting for her call.

ok, I've tweeted it to Gareth also.

time to take some highly media visible person (lets say someone from government) for a ride, have shots fired at them... Will change governments view/attitude.

G

A lady from the eNCA phoned me yesterday and said she wanted to come round today and chat about it, but I'm still waiting for her call.

Now will be a perfect time for the police to raid the squatter camp. If the bike is still in the camp they can locate it and question the people in the area if found and try and get a identikit off the person. If they catch the guys napping they can probably catch them and get an illegal firearm off the streets as well.

In my dreams I guess.

All cyclist be aware of these criminals!!!!!! I am lucky to be alive today. The first bullet was fired at point blank range as I passed the two criminals. The powder burns are all around the entry wound. This bullet went through my arm and out the other side. It all happened so fast and as I tried to get up he came for me again with the revolver pointing towards my head. I was waving my hand to avoid him shooting me again. This shot either missed me or he had a misfire as my right ear was deaf from the first shot. This all happened at 18:10 with traffic flowing up and down Garsfontein Drive (Just opposite the entrance to the Pretoria East Cemetery) They took my Merida 29er and Garmin.

This from Petro Labuschagne on facebook.

Hi Everyone. Please be safe when your cycling on Garsfontein Road. Close to De Villa Bois ave & graveyard. Michael Mc Dermott got attached and shot at yesterday while training on his bike. Be on the lookout for a Merida Big Nine 2012 model. Michael is discharged this morning, with minor injuries. We are so thankful that his angels looked after him.

These criminals are attacking us because they can. Garsfontein SAPS's solution for the problem is bull****, to say the least.

Lets see what will happen if the Beeld and eNews reports on the story, although I am not very hopeful. These guys (SAPS) showed during the last 18 months that they are not really affected by bad publicity.

Carte Blanche did a story in this regards a year or two ago, where they reported that the hijacked bicycles are taken cross border to, I think Mozambique, from where they are sold again.

ok, I've tweeted it to Gareth also.

time to take some highly media visible person (lets say someone from government) for a ride, have shots fired at them... Will change governments view/attitude.

G

Didn't Malema buy a bike a year ago........ twee vliee met een klap!

Now will be a perfect time for the police to raid the squatter camp. If the bike is still in the camp they can locate it and question the people in the area if found and try and get a identikit off the person. If they catch the guys napping they can probably catch them and get an illegal firearm off the streets as well.

In my dreams I guess.

They will tell you that they will "patrol"! The only way these guys arrest suspects, is if they are delivered to them.