2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

Oi, now I may be scarred for life looking at that sexy photo

i just see white out, what is meant to be there :)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All pro riders are very very good.

Some stand out maybe a bit more than others it doesn't mean that we don't see the others and acknowledge their ability.

Goodness if yoy are good enough to be part of the pro peloton then already you are head and shoulders above the rest.

i just see white out, what is meant to be there :)

I also saw nada..

I see Trentin was fined and relegated for blocking Degenkolb in the sprint.

Really? Thanks

Didn't change anything on the rankings (fantasy comp), but I've updated it anyway.

Lot of posts about negative riding etc etc that doesnt give Sagan a fair chance, I find this quite amusing as they aren't there to make friends or give someone else the win.

BUT

He has been in the front 5 going into the last 100meters numerous times and not once has he been able to get the win.

I still like the guy though

We all do the same thing................shamelessly suck wheel :whistling: and try get the jump on the next guy.

Sagan has the green and nothing bar him crash in out is going to dislodge it from his shoulders. I fear he is going to have to content himself with that prize with tall the tactics to prevent him winning.

Really? Thanks

Didn't change anything on the rankings (fantasy comp), but I've updated it anyway.

Fined CHF200, not sure how many places he was relegated

But hey the green 3 years in a row, naaaw he can't be a special rider. And wow look how close the contest is, just a few points in it :whistling:

We all do the same thing................shamelessly suck wheel :whistling: and try get the jump on the next guy.

Agreed, but I think people expect more of Mr Green Jersey in a sprint

Or maybe he has been on the HUB and doesn't go for the win because he didn't work up front???

Doesn't matter how good you are, if you are on your own and you are in a group of riders all riding negatively against you, you stand little chance of coming out on top.

Those of us who are mere mortals know that at the end of a race, we might have enough in the tank for one or maybe two shots at responding to an attack. If we've been racing hard enough, there's nothing more left to respond to a third attack.

While guys like Cancellara and Sagan are something special (only come round once in a generation), they must face this issue every time they find themselves out front. The other riders are not stupid. They know exactly what tactics to use in order to nullify these guys talents. They will refuse to do anything to allow Sagan near the line in a position to win. They know that he is under so much pressure to win that he has to close the gap each time, so all they have to do is wait for him to go and hitch a free ride. Why must they do all the work and then watch him win every time? No ways will they let that happen.

All they need to do have one of them attack - and force Sagan to respond. Doesn't have to be a big one, and it's not intended to stick. Then the next guy goes, and forces Sagan to respond. When that guy is done, the next guy attacks. And so it goes, one body blow after another until the guy goes down. Not once will anyone else in the group close the gap. They will force him to close if he really wants the win. Because he is expected to win so all the pressure is on him.

Cancellara has spoken about this many times in his career, and Sagan will see it many times more. The only way he can counter this is if he's got a team of guys like BMC/OPQ have, guys who can push big watts, who can power up moderate humps, who can be on the front to help counter at least a couple of the body shots and close the gaps for Sagan until it's time for him to go. He just needs one teammate there in the final selection. Two would be more than enough.

Watch OPQ in the classics. They have so many options in the finale because they've got a couple of guys there at the end to counter negative tactics. They're not a lead out train and they don't try and drive the peloton to close the break. But they do have the tactical nous (and the power and ability) to be in the final selection almost every time.

This is what Sagan needs. A team of puncheurs who can be there for him when it really matters.

100% WELL SAID

Fined CHF200, not sure how many places he was relegated

Relegated from 6th to the back of the bunch - 60th, I think.

I AM TAKING A SCREEN SHOT OOM,,,,,,YOU HAVE BEEN DENY DENY DENY WE NOW HAVE PROOF

But hey the green 3 years in a row, naaaw he can't be a special rider. And wow look how close the contest is, just a few points in it :whistling:

That's only three less than Zabel at this stage.

Zabel was also good yes even special, nobody said Sagan was not special. he is just not great.

People punt him as a "fantastic all rounder"

As Zabel, in a few years time he will be another distant memory.

Oh, and Zabel did it with a lot less show boating.

I think sagan's game is up to be honest(don't take him to the line, break early cause he won't go with you)....he cant contend with early breaks 3-4km out....simply doesnt have the steam. He will probably take the green this year. But imo his performance to date at the 2014 tdf was less than inspirational..playing safe sitting 3rd / 4th wheel to ensure points is a bit bland. I am not saying he isn't good....just not great, like the sheriff said.

Agreed, but I think people expect more of Mr Green Jersey in a sprint

Or maybe he has been on the HUB and doesn't go for the win because he didn't work up front???

Textbook!! :clap:

Today's stage will start with 1 minute of silence for the victims of flight MH17, 173 of them Dutch. The Dutch teams wear black bands. Racing to start at 11h50.

Archived