2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A statement from Cavendish’s Omega-Pharma-Quickstep team said x-rays had shown “ligament ruptures with an AC-joint dislocation”, which was causing Cavendish “a lot of pain”. The team added: “A final decision on his participation in [sunday’s] stage will be taken tomorrow morning.”

“I’m gutted about the crash today,” Cavendish said. “It was my fault. I’ll personally apologise to Simon Gerrans as soon as I get the chance. In reality I tried to find a gap that wasn’t really there.”

A statement from Cavendish’s Omega-Pharma-Quickstep team said x-rays had shown “ligament ruptures with an AC-joint dislocation”, which was causing Cavendish “a lot of pain”. The team added: “A final decision on his participation in [sunday’s] stage will be taken tomorrow morning.”

“I’m gutted about the crash today,” Cavendish said. “It was my fault. I’ll personally apologise to Simon Gerrans as soon as I get the chance. In reality I tried to find a gap that wasn’t really there.”

What a clown Cavendish is.... against my better judgement and inner voice telling me don't do it I still picked him as my sprinter in the hub TDF comp

What a clown Cavendish is.... against my better judgement and inner voice telling me don't do it I still picked him as my sprinter in the hub TDF comp

A clown? One of the most successful sprinters of all time. Always thanks his team if he does well. Quickly takes responsibility and apologiises when he makes a mistake. Is as hard as nails and gets up off the deck and crosses the line after a crash and has done that on more than one occasion.

He happens to not be perfect and makes mistakes. He is fiercely competitive and takes risks, but then he is a sprinter.

Sorry Van but your definition of a clown is rather strange to me. You have pretty high standards!

Oh and he left team Sky. That is yet more credit to him in my opinion.

10428236_536108219824488_5538292385584295784_o.jpg

And to think when I raced there it was normal not to see another rider on a 100 mile training ride and people lumped you into the same category as cross dressers because you shaved your legs and wore lycra!

What a change. Love it.

A clown? One of the most successful sprinters of all time. Always thanks his team if he does well. Quickly takes responsibility and apologiises when he makes a mistake. Is as hard as nails and gets up off the deck and crosses the line after a crash and has done that on more than one occasion.

He happens to not be perfect and makes mistakes. He is fiercely competitive and takes risks, but then he is a sprinter.

Sorry Van but your definition of a clown is rather strange to me. You have pretty high standards!

Oh and he left team Sky. That is yet more credit to him in my opinion.

I'm going to take a guess here and say that SwissVan was just making a bit of light-hearted banter about the incident and his subsequent loss in TDF fantasy and not a statement about Cavendish's career in general. Although it's not the first time he's done this, so I could see why some people believe this, so I could be wrong. SwissVan? But until we get Sartalics as a standard font, we'll never truly know ;)

Archived