2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else think that Nibali can win the TdF this year? (or am I the only loon?)

Maybe ... when the going gets tough, he shines.

Cobble sections have been reduced from from 15.4 km to 13 km due to the severe weather conditions.

Sectors 5 and 7 removed

Eish :(

12:41

152.5km in total

The total distance is of stage 5 will be 152.5km, which is 3km less than initially planned.

12:38

Two cobbled sectors removed from the route

Due to bad weather and road conditions, two cobbled sectors have been removed from stage 5. They are sector 7, the 1,000-metres stretch of cobbles at Mons-en-Pévèle, and sector 5, which is the 1,400-metres long portion from Orchies to Beuvry-la-Forêt. It takes the total of pavés sections down to 13 kilometres but the race will remain highly attractive!

Some bloke with rabbit-like teeth said some rugby tournament is not won in May. I'm sure if Paul Sherwin knew this bloke, he would try make some comparison to the Tour not being won after stage 4.

But no, you're not loon (yet) - he has a good chance while he is still riding (injury-free, no mechanicals and still has a can of lady-luck in his back pocket.

As the same rabbit toothed guy has also been heard to say " if your'e in the game, of course you have a chance of winning!" or something along those lines. Looks like Froome has already started the uphill battle, his last fall set him back badly enough. I for one hope he can get over it and add to the competition.

Surely Sagan is going to go for yellow today?

That can only mean some intense wet and muddy cobblestone chasing from Astana and a whole lot of stress and action in the peloton!

Surely Sagan is going to go for yellow today?

That can only mean some intense wet and muddy cobblestone chasing from Astana and a whole lot of stress and action in the peloton!

I can only bit agree, and based on his performance at Paris Roubaix I can see him in yellow/white/green at the end of today.

Right.. live pics. . Neutral zone..

Looks like froome is heavily strapped

Probably just precautionary.

Voekler off.. the back that is

Pelton not letting anyone go anywhere.

A big group trying to form a break away.. tony martin in there too.. cannondale chasing now.

Archived