Swim goggles that fog up

Henley 1

Drill small little holes in them, 4 at the top and two at the bottom... There will be so much water streaming in, the fog wont bother anymore.

:clap: Brilliant! made my morning

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that wiping a raw cut potato across the lens will prevent fogging. Never tried it. Please give feedback.

Give your goggles a good clean with your towel before you spit into them both inside and out. Then spit on the inside, rub it around proper, rinse it off and you good to go.

Never had goggles fog up on me with that method for the last 5 years.

You need to wash the inside of the lenses from time to time with a mild soap to strip off al the oil etc that build up from handling them and smearing spit all over them, same thing goes for cycling glasses.

The reason for lenses fogging up is that at a microscopic level the ridges and valleys that form from wiping lenses clean of sweat etc capture moisture and hence lenses "Fog Up" washing them with soap periodically will help minimise fogging.

The above is also why fogging occurs more and more as lenses age, as you clean the lenses over and over they also develop more and more microscopic scratches that capture moisture.

Hope that makes sense.

I have heard that wiping a raw cut potato across the lens will prevent fogging. Never tried it. Please give feedback.

May work. I know that if you rub a cut potato across your windscreen it has the same effect as those 'no rain' liquids.

It may be tricky getting a small enough piece of potato to get sufficient consistent coverage of the inside of the goggles (even in the corners). On the plus side if it doesn't work and you need to apply spit to the inside of the lenses you just lick the goggles and get some carbs in at the same time!

the yellow baby shampoo solved my fogging problems.and it smells nice and if some of it gets in your eyes it does not burn.

the potato trick works with diving goggles - maybe give it a try?

Alternatively motorcycle stores like fullthrottle, mosskays etc... stock products to prevent helmet visors fogging up that work very well.

May work. I know that if you rub a cut potato across your windscreen it has the same effect as those 'no rain' liquids.

It may be tricky getting a small enough piece of potato to get sufficient consistent coverage of the inside of the goggles (even in the corners). On the plus side if it doesn't work and you need to apply spit to the inside of the lenses you just lick the goggles and get some carbs in at the same time!

Use Mashed potato

• 2 weeks later...

The different makes and models of goggles have slightly different shapes. You have to go to a shop and try them on until you find one that sticks to your face without the strap. Then you know that it's the right one that won't leak.

+1

You have to find the shape that fits your face.

Took me 3 pairs until I found the right fit, it happens to be TYR.

So good luck...

• 2 weeks later...

OK, here is the final verdict:

I have tried all-of-the-above with no success.

Conclusion: Zoggs suck. Do not buy Zoggs

Case closed

OK, here is the final verdict:

I have tried all-of-the-above with no success.

Conclusion: Zoggs suck. Do not buy Zoggs

Case closed

different goggles for different faces.bought my 4th pair today.hope you find goggles that does not give you grief.

• 2 months later...

My recent pair of speedo goggles lasted me around 11 months. I use them at least 3 times a week at the gym pool. How often does everyone replace their goggles.

My recent pair of speedo goggles lasted me around 11 months. I use them at least 3 times a week at the gym pool. How often does everyone replace their goggles.

I usually replace mine only when they get very scratched (mostly from drying them with my towel I suspect) or continuously fogging up. My current pair of aqua sports I've had since summer 2012, but did not swim much last year.

Who gets google eyes?

You know those rings / bags under your eyes that looks like you might be suffering from concussion.

I see some people when they take theirs off have no marks, me I look like I just swam a few lengths with Mike Tyson.

If I loosen the straps or don't "press" them into the eye socket, then they leak.

Tried different googles already, does not matter which type