26" SS Build - work in progress

Tractor

Hijack on: finally got around to polishing my cranks using the same attachment as above. Blingin'

Damn that looks sick...!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hijack on: finally got around to polishing my cranks using the same attachment as above. Blingin'

Ah man. Now I have to re-polish mine after seeing these.

That looks better than when they were made.

I'll accept any cranks for polishing as long as they're already sanded smooth and accompanied by a case of Gilroys Traditional.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

WRT the hanger/tensioner, why don't you use a BB mounted tensioner? Makes it a much cleaner look at the back

Would that mean you didn't need the hanger anymore? My SS frame also has no hanger and I'm a bit lazy t go and have one manufactured.

Things of beauty now :) Nicely done - dirty work but worth it in the end

Would that mean you didn't need the hanger anymore? My SS frame also has no hanger and I'm a bit lazy t go and have one manufactured.

Correct, as long as you can clamp the wheel into the dropouts

I'll accept any cranks for polishing as long as they're already sanded smooth and accompanied by a case of Gilroys Traditional.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

hi Div....roughly how man hours did you invest in polishing the cranks?

hi Div....roughly how man hours did you invest in polishing the cranks?

The chopping and shaping of the spider took about 2 hours.

Sanding everything smooth to a brushed finish with increasing grits of waterpaper took about 2 hours.

The polishing itself with a drill attachment and green compound took about 20min per arm. The smoother you sand the arms, the faster the polishing goes.

Well worth the effect I think.

The chopping and shaping of the spider took about 2 hours.

Sanding everything smooth to a brushed finish with increasing grits of waterpaper took about 2 hours.

The polishing itself with a drill attachment and green compound took about 20min per arm. The smoother you sand the arms, the faster the polishing goes.

Well worth the effect I think.

:thumbup: Can back up what has been said, spend more time in the sanding and the final polishing goes a lot quicker.