Hope Brake Appreciation Thread

patches

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A very wise person -my dearest friend - told me that you're not allowed to have a midlife crisis until you have grey pubes. She's a clever girl. That nullifies everthing said on this thread so far. Admin. Close this crap down.

I have these waiting to be strapped to my Ibis

http://www.evobikes.co.za/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/h/o/hope_brakes_stealthx2.jpg

Oh snap, have an identical set on my faithful steed... best upgrade i've made in a while!

Guest Omega Man

Will those fit the tech x2 evo?

I don't think so. The Std Hope levers are so hot anyway. Why buy aftermarket ones?

I don't think so. The Std Hope levers are so hot anyway. Why buy aftermarket ones?

I want more hook at the end for 1 finger braking, I like having the lever set quite close to the bars and without a hook you end up crushing the finger/s next to the brake finger with a long flatish lever like the Tech X2 lever. I end up having to run them super inboard to get the 1 finger sweet spot, works but that shimano hook on their current lever is the one that's rules them all, pity the rest of their brake is made by monkeys.

You reckon I could whip out the oxy-cetelye gas bottles and heat up the tech lever and bend myself a hook at the end? Anyone tried that on a lever, Alu isn't too easy to work with when bending though, seems to fatigue really easily.

You reckon I could whip out the oxy-cetelye gas bottles and heat up the tech lever and bend myself a hook at the end? Anyone tried that on a lever, Alu isn't too easy to work with when bending though, seems to fatigue really easily.

It will most likely flop!

Al is not like Iron that can be reworked by making it red hot. It will just melt. That the flop I am talking about.

Rather make/machine an appendage and fix it to the lever with a rivet.

Guest Omega Man

I want more hook at the end for 1 finger braking, I like having the lever set quite close to the bars and without a hook you end up crushing the finger/s next to the brake finger with a long flatish lever like the Tech X2 lever. I end up having to run them super inboard to get the 1 finger sweet spot, works but that shimano hook on their current lever is the one that's rules them all, pity the rest of their brake is made by monkeys.

Um.

Mail straitline and see if the make levers for your brakes. Dangerboy also do aftermarket levers.

It will most likely flop!

Al is not like Iron that can be reworked by making it red hot. It will just melt. That the flop I am talking about.

Rather make/machine an appendage and fix it to the lever with a rivet.

What if you gooi a blou pillitjie in the reservoir to stop it from flopping :whistling:

What if you gooi a blou pillitjie in the reservoir to stop it from flopping :whistling:

Blue nah ...a red one might work though.

• 1 month later...

.... Reason for a new build, like Monster-X onone Inbred with this :drool: :drool: :drool: post-28006-0-88066000-1386865851_thumb.jpg

You want to put trials brakes on a Monster-X bike?

Wouldn't it be better to put Hope Race brakes on?

You want to put trials brakes on a Monster-X bike?

Wouldn't it be better to put Hope Race brakes on?

the levers are the thing im actually looking at, seems to work on a drop bar (Dont thing my M4 levers would sit in same position). Same ones used on that road bike party 2. Not sure however if its standard or a different lever or a new clamp?

Hope race will prob be better;)

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2013/12/10/1386694624962-6t734b24lxgu-800-75.jpg

Apparently those levers were custom made, read an article on that bike, will try find it.

Here

"Hope specially milled and shaped each brake lever onto the bike in one day exclusively for Martyn"

Edited by kosmonooit

• 5 weeks later...