Another Red Robot complaint

IanJ

BigBen, I can identify with your signature.LOL Believe it or not the boss still hasn't realised that my MTB suddenly changed from Silver with V Brakes to Red with disks late last year.

Just hope she isn't a guest on the Hub.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the nice thing about being shelled by you fast guys up Jan Smuts. By the time I get to Marie road I am on my own anyway so I stop although I ahve to admit, it is almost imposible to stop at the intersection of Sandton Drive and Grayston.

What do you do there?

The fines and such will not really stop guys from doing it... and besides... the chances of our policeman sitting by robots waiting for that to happen that early in the morning... the chances are slim to none... This should be something we as "cyclists" should watch out for.. and educate and teach the new riders the right way to ride... and set some sort of an example...

That is the nice thing about being shelled by you fast guys up Jan Smuts. By the time I get to Marie road I am on my own anyway so I stop although I ahve to admit' date=' it is almost imposible to stop at the intersection of Sandton Drive and Grayston.

What do you do there?
[/quote']

If you are a single rider and keep well left then it is pretty safe as the traffic only enters from the right and hardly ever uses the left lane. The problem is when a big bunch comes down the hill taking up at least 1 or maybe more lanes.

Are these 'adults' we are talking about who should know better? If so they know the risks and are obviously prepared to take them .......

I hope for their sakes their luck holds out (and mine!) and as IanJ says I also take a chance here or there but if something happened (and it was my fault) I would have to live with it!

....and no doubt the same "adults" who sanctimoniously mouth off at taxi drivers and pontificate about how badly people drive!!

That is the nice thing about being shelled by you fast guys up Jan Smuts. By the time I get to Marie road I am on my own anyway so I stop although I ahve to admit' date=' it is almost imposible to stop at the intersection of Sandton Drive and Grayston.

What do you do there?
[/quote']

There is going to be a serious crash at that intersection one day - guys go through there at 80km/h.

There is going to be a serious crash at that intersection one day - guys go through there at 80km/h.
Hmm... someone not long ago told me that you need to go full bore through them lights! Can't remember who, but is 80kph not fast enough?

Still trying to think who told me that... Ermm

Jason2008-02-18 02:51:26

Damn bruce, what is in your water bottle.

Hmmm... well... if something has to happen at 80km/h down there... Chances are that we wont be hearing from them again on the HUB...

and no doubt the same "adults" who sanctimoniously mouth off at taxi drivers and pontificate about how badly people drive!!

pontifi-WHAT?!?!?!  Bl?rrie uitlander!

Damn bruce' date=' what is in your water bottle.

[/quote']

It's easy to get up to 80 down that hill, it's the only road that I know of that you regularly overtake cars.

and no doubt the same "adults" who sanctimoniously mouth off at taxi drivers and pontificate about how badly people drive!!

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

delgado for president

Start the "name and shame" page and post pics as well,I am sure they are all camera friendly cyclists.

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

delgado for president
Slowly now!!!

I would certainly make Stalin blush appear like a member of the Drakensberg Boys Choir if was to be made president!! hell it would be nice!!!!