RANT! Is it OK to start being rude at cyclist riding abreast

Velo Racer

Technically this looks bad. HOWEVER, what would you have said if both riders on the LEFT were riding in single file behind the 2 riders on the RIGHT?

We are allowed full use of the road and as such are recommended to ride in the 1.5m from the curb. This technically puts me in the middle of the lane, what then/now?

Nothing technical about inconsiderate road behaviour. They were tjops.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is okay for you to enjoy the rest of your ride and not let two inconsiderate cyclists bugger up the rest of you ride.

Thought you guys from the WC are chilled relaxed oaks.

All these jouburgers who come live here and mess up our vibe :D

Nothing technical about inconsiderate road behaviour. They were tjops.

But riding singe file in the middle of the road is not?

post-39984-0-10988500-1384182887_thumb.pngpost-39984-0-15448900-1384182855_thumb.png

So Sat morning, after a run in Green Point and breakfast in Deer Park, my partner and I were headed back to Hout Bay. Encountered a group of 10-12 TEAM BONITAS riders, or 10-12 riders dressed in Team Bonitas kit. Overtook bulk of the group, who were riding responsibly, heading into Camps Bay.

Traffic along that road is heavy on a Saturday morning. The front riders stopped at the traffic lights heading out of Camps Bay. When the lights turned green, they took it upon themselves to continue chatting, and riding two abreast. Traffic was backed up behind us, and the road narrow.

I didn't hoot or abuse them, nor should I have to. I haven't reported the tjop riding to team management, nor will I. The point is they should know better. That said it's never ok to abuse riders, or for riders to abuse motorists.We all use the same roads. patience is key, but so is mutual consideration.

That particular stretch of road does not afford a safe place to pass with 1.5m gap. It is much safer to ride 2 abreast in that situation. We should all petition for roads like these to be marked with "Bicycle may use full lane" signage as you get overseas. Here is more on the topic:

http://bikeyface.com/2012/12/05/middle-of-the-road/

Is it OK if I only have the real thing to barter with...?

Is it OK to only reply now if I had work to do earlier ?

Is it OK if I say yes, or will I be asked to pee in a bottle ?

To male and female riding abreast on the R304 between Cloetsville and the Bottelary turnoff on saturday morning around 8am. Thanks for making my ride more dangerous. Female wearing a grey wind breaker on a road bike and male with a red top on a mtb. Learn to consider other cyclists taking this more serious than you who are clearly out to just enjoy a morning ride whilst spoiling everybody else's day. I had to cycle on the right side of the yellow line to get past you.

As a cyclist you should be aware of whats going on around you. I pity you!

Chill my Bru!! You Roadies are getting worked up over nothing. Or, maybe that Goose was ur Ex with her new BF... :whistling:

Is it OK to only reply now if I had work to do earlier ?

Is it OK if I say yes, or will I be asked to pee in a bottle ?

Its OK that you work.

Is it OK to tell you that a friend of a friend told me that it's a cup you actually pee in...?

And is it ok that BobT1 casually pops his head in after I thought for sure he's locked in somebody's basement putting the lotion on his skin...?

I don't get your issue.....my suggestion - spend more time riding your bike and less time posting negative stuff about other folks riding their bikes....you could do with the performance improvement

Is it OK for me to tell you to shut up and go read your O magazine seeing that you love Oprah so much.

My moto in life is "You get what you deserve"

This post from the OP actually put to words what the problems are on our roads and country.

Everyone thinks that they have the right above any body else.

What will the problem be if you wait behind the other riders for a while. Firstly you can have a breather. And maybe have a friendly chat with them.

Then pass when safe. You might have an incident later and they will stop and help. But by shouting and flying pass and you then have an incident they might justsay that are deserved and keep on riding.

We should stop this sickness to shout and scream if anything or anybody inconveinience us by being to slow or to relaxed.

Saying that probably the OP is so stressed that it were more upsetting to see two riders out that are relaxed and enjoying their ride.

The OP is probably also one of that drivers that will sit on your tail on a single lane road hooting and flashing at you because you are keeping to the speed limit and stopping at stop streets and robots as you are wasting his time.

Get of the road as you preventing him from being an ass.

Someone said it before. TOLERANCE . we need much more of that in this country.