RANT! Is it OK to start being rude at cyclist riding abreast

Velo Racer

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it ok (magazine) WP if I turn up the heat (magazine) as a sign of the times (newspaper) and say "O" (magazine and TV channel), people (magazine) need to

...............relax and read something soothing.

I'm with Velo on this one - I am sick and tired of other riders, cars, trucks etc getting in the way of MY ride.

I race bikes, have a high post count, wear lycra and own carbon - other riders should ride forwards whilst looking backwards so they know to get the faaaark out of MY way when I'm training.

Hackers. I spit on them.

All these 'Is it okay threads'...?

Is it ok if I go for a poo after lunch...? Just checking if the hub is ok with everything I do...

Is it OK for me to do it first thing when I get into the office? Theory is I get paid to do it at the office whereas at home it is my own time.

To male and female riding abreast on the R304 between Cloetsville and the Bottelary turnoff on saturday morning around 8am. Thanks for making my ride more dangerous. Female wearing a grey wind breaker on a road bike and male with a red top on a mtb. Learn to consider other cyclists taking this more serious than you who are clearly out to just enjoy a morning ride whilst spoiling everybody else's day. I had to cycle on the right side of the yellow line to get past you.

As a cyclist you should be aware of whats going on around you. I pity you!

What strike me is that you mention they have to consider other cyclists. What about ALL other road users, like cars, trucks...?

Next week everyone is up in arms, when a cyclist gets hit....

Makes you think.

Silly roadies. They just dont understand 'ducks in a row'

I race bikes, have a high post count, wear lycra and own carbon - other riders should ride forwards whilst looking backwards so they know to get the faaaark out of MY way when I'm training.

I spit on them.

And I spit you, you weekend warrior.

I do all you do AND I am on Strava, so get out of my way when I ride my 29er.

Seriously though Velo - read this:

While the shortest distance between two points is a straight line, for us road cyclists it is usually not the fastest. @RobsMuir ponders this while riding and retains such complex thinking when done with his ride. That is an enviable skill in itself.

You've probably read it already though - it is on the website you advertise in your signature...

Is it OK for me to do it first thing when I get into the office? Theory is I get paid to do it at the office whereas at home it is my own time.

We'll have to start an 'Is it OK' poll... You shouldn't make your own decisions about anything without posting here 1st.

Great thread! Thanks to the OP for this public service announcement.

Plebian hordes, your notice has been served.

I feel certain the red carpet will be out for all of us part-time pros from now on.

And I spit you, you weekend warrior.

I do all you do AND I am on Strava, so get out of my way when I ride my 29er.

Pfffff Strava is soooo last year. I'm on digital EPO now. I can kick any Stravarian arse from the comfort of my office.

Posers like you just irritate real men like us.

Ps: I once touched a SS. Who's the man now????

ag us cyclist darem ma. so before the 94.7 and other big races there are many many not so regular riders that we wish just want to go back to their couches, they tend to be all over the road having a " how am i going to survive the race" chat, when a "sub three er" comes rushing up to them and gets all agro. Yet, most of those people will make space if one indicate you are trying to pass, so what do you have to loose, two seconds? we all just need to grow up and get a life.