2014 Giant Trance 27.5 2

nolipoli

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lifetime of the frame while still in the hands of the original owner.

That kicks most of the other brands out the water!

Lifetime of the frame while still in the hands of the original owner.

....and Dragon Sports are pretty good and efficient at replacing them without hassles. (Not that Trances have ever had a reputation for breaking.)

....and Dragon Sports are pretty good and efficient at replacing them without hassles. (Not that Trances have ever had a reputation for breaking.)

Not having any experience, there are not many complaints with Giant owners, either with failures or warranty issues.

Haven't managed to break my 26 in Trance in the year I have had it! With the last brand of bike I had... 2 frames broke in under a year under the same riding conditions. But I was under the impression the warranty, although 'for life' is limited to 5 years as this is seen as the lifetime of the frame?

can vouch for that. Have cracked 2 Anthem frames and had no issues. They didn't even ask for proof of purchase.

Haven't managed to break my 26 in Trance in the year I have had it! With the last brand of bike I had... 2 frames broke in under a year under the same riding conditions. But I was under the impression the warranty, although 'for life' is limited to 5 years as this is seen as the lifetime of the frame?

I was also thinking 5 years as that's lifetime for most alu frames, but they state 10 years for rigid forks & lifetime for frames.

can vouch for that. Have cracked 2 Anthem frames and had no issues. They didn't even ask for proof of purchase.

Anthems aplenty, and those gave Dragons the opportunity to prove how well they stand by the lifetime warranty, but Trances simply don't seem to break frames. I rode an old 26er Trance for about 6 years and still have 2 in the family. (See my avatar) Same thing (almost) with Reigns, they are bomb proof, but I do know of a few that broke, mostly under people that rode them very long and hard or used trees to stop suddenly ;) .

Anthems aplenty, and those gave Dragons the opportunity to prove how well they stand by the lifetime warranty, but Trances simply don't seem to break frames. I rode an old 26er Trance for about 6 years and still have 2 in the family. (See my avatar) Same thing (almost) with Reigns, they are bomb proof, but I do know of a few that broke, mostly under people that rode them very long and hard or used trees to stop suddenly ;) .

Even the tree braking technique only managed to put a little dent in the belly of the downtube. The bike would have happily carried serving me, but I am shallow like that..

Even the tree braking technique only managed to put a little dent in the belly of the downtube. The bike would have happily carried serving me, but I am shallow like that..

You haven't seen Pain or Shine's Reign. Yissie...

Archived