2014 Giant Trance 27.5 2

nolipoli

Can anyone (esp Flowta, Noli & Craigwt) please measure the distance from front of the seat to the centre of the topcap.

That will surely steer me into the right direction.

@Hairy:

DragonSports will let me know tomorrow regarding the demo bike.

Top cap to front of seat: 455

Top cap to center seat post: 615

Center bb to center saddle rails: 680

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has any other new bike ever managed to get a thread like this one off the ground and fly for so long & so high? :thumbup:

Has any other new bike ever managed to get a thread like this one off the ground and fly for so long & so high? [emoji106]

I doubt it! Awesome to have all the advice and like minded people!

Top cap to front of seat: 455

Top cap to center seat post: 615

Thanx Craig!

You on a large, right?

Reverb dropper?

One more day...picking mine up on Saturday  :thumbup:

Oooh nice! I am suffering from withdrawal... Mine has been at the LBS since Monday! Brakes are being warranty'd.... :thumbdown: Hopefully, i'll get it on Saturday in time for a nice 4/5hr session in Tokai :thumbup:

I sent my Jekyll's shock in for a service last week, the shock is taking longer at Omnico than expected so the LBS gave me a demo Trance 2 for the weekend. Went straight from the LBS to the spruit to go and play a bit. I haven't done much riding but I can say "What a fun bike!".

For a bike that wasn't on my list for what to buy at the end of the year it has me very interested in the reign all of a sudden!

Tomorrow I will take it out onto some rough rocky natural trails and see how she handles.

In planning phase for a Trance build, Pike 160mm Dual Position Fork, Monarch Plus shock, and a decent spec for the rest.

My question for all you Trance owners out there is with regards frame size. Im 192 / 6'3, so pretty much on the cusp between a L and XL frame. As most know, sizing "feel" differs between brands. For example, Yetis are notoriously "oversizes" for their specs, so any advice from experience will be appreciated.

Cheers, Craig

Can anyone (esp Flowta, Noli & Craigwt) please measure the distance from front of the seat to the centre of the topcap.

That will surely steer me into the right direction.

@Hairy:

DragonSports will let me know tomorrow regarding the demo bike.

Sorry for the delay

Top cap to front of seat: 440

Top cap to center seat post (at rails): 580

On a Medium and my stem is 65mm

Sorry for the delay

Top cap to front of seat: 440

Top cap to center seat post (at rails): 580

On a Medium and my stem is 65mm

Oh yes, this the same for both my Reverb and my Icelift V8

Agreed about sizing. I am 178cm; tried a M and LBS doing fitment said a L was indicated.

Very happy with my Trance 2, particularly in the rocks and tech stuff it makes me feel very confident. SLX derailleurs & brakes not quite as "nice" as XT but good enough for me at present.  OEM Nobby Nic's again, not quite as airtight as my Crossmark's on previous bike but quite adequate.

Agreed about sizing. I am 178cm; tried a M and LBS doing fitment said a L was indicated.

Very happy with my Trance 2, particularly in the rocks and tech stuff it makes me feel very confident. SLX derailleurs & brakes not quite as "nice" as XT but good enough for me at present.  OEM Nobby Nic's again, not quite as airtight as my Crossmark's on previous bike but quite adequate.

I didn't enjoy those Nics AT ALL, rolled and burped all over the place.

I am same length so suppose the L will be the way to go.

Can anyone here reccommend a Giant dealer in PMB ?

I would suggest a Xl as well, I don't own a trance but I have a demo bike at the moment. I am 1.78m, the large I have feels good even with the 70mm stem. If I were to buy a trance I would go large with a 45/50mm stem so I would suggest you go XL with a nice short stem. :thumbup:

Archived