94.7 number collection

steve61

That was a seriously negative experience! hated it. Organisers were not sufficiently organised. Understaffed. No trouble shooters. No staff to be seen outside the stalls helping people find the right queue (it was chaotic), but people were orderly and every one waited their turn but I think everyone was seriously miffed, would pity anyone who tried to push in.

Exhibition: waste of time. No Cannondale stand No decent coffee. Anyway by that time I was trying to get out of there ASAP. 3/4 day wasted (drove from Rosebank)

As for parking, almost had a punch up with guy trying to rip me R20 when I wasn't even parking in their freaking R20 zone! Then I parked at the shopping centre next door, and happily gave the informal sector car guard R5 when leaving.

If this was what is involved in doing this event, I might well give it a miss in future.

Edited by kosmonooit

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree with Ferret. Here's why:

Not all of us live in the West Rand and are familiar with Northgate. One only sees the R20 parking option, and being in a rush to get back to work 30 mins away, you just park where directed.

Asking consumers to change their behaviour is not customer centric. Why not have an express queue where you swipe your chip and a high speed printer prints your race number on the spot. Quick in and out, no goodie bag for those that don't want it, and no need to the long signing process. If you've scanned, you've collected.

I collected 1 number and from arriving at the counter (after the 1hr queue) to leaving was about 4.5 minutes. This is way too long.

Simply put, their process is inefficient and not customer centric.

At least they didn't make you walk all the way through the expo!

Northgate in the West Rand??

Northgate in the West Rand??

Either way, it's a bucket-load more inconvenient for those in the east and the south. Probably worse for the pta guys as well.

Good grief , I been cycling for 25 odd years and I remember the days when we could not wait to go get our silly number out in the sticks and race whatever was put in front of us as best we could . we all just loved the sport and nobody bitched .no days everyone has a gripe about EVERY thing , too hard , to technical, to flat, too steep , no water points, no chicken burgers , bottle necks , tar is to black , sand is too dusty ,my goodie bag has no free cream for my soft ass skin , wtf , bla bla bla .

when did our cycling society becomes such whinges ?

As I said earlier in the week, you an YSTER from the East Rand !!!

Some of the others are a lot softer :ph34r:

Is R20 really a lot of cash? Given that bikes you ride cost in excess of R10k, you bomb you tube with a R20 bomb, you suck gels that cost a lot more, you wear R1k+ tights?

Just seems like a whole lot of spoiled children throwing their toys out the cot.

Got the wife to fetch our race packs....she only stood in the queue for about 20min she said. All is well. Best bet is to go on saturday afternoon

There are no queues then.

Vendors are basically packing up so they are letting stuff go for even cheaper.

There is nothing more inconvenient than Sandton

I agree... last year it took me about 15 mins to find parking in Sandton let alone the time it took me to get there through all the traffic!

There is nothing more inconvenient than Sandton

spot on...I hate that mall.....

I agree... last year it took me about 15 mins to find parking in Sandton let alone the time it took me to get there through all the traffic!

One word. Gautrain.

It's becoming clear why the organizers wouldn't opt for using a courier company to send / deliver race numbers. Can't be more than R50 a pop. It's probably costing riders a lot more than that in petrol, time, parking, etc to trek out there in person.

One word. Gautrain.

Is there a station in fourways that I don't know about...

Not feasible, stay on the wrong side of the highway thus there are no nearby station....best I can do is drive to monte, which is a nightmare in its own right and then do a bus drive to and from, been there tried that with working in centurion.