94.7 number collection

steve61

It's becoming clear why the organizers wouldn't opt for using a courier company to send / deliver race numbers. Can't be more than R50 a pop. It's probably costing riders a lot more than that in petrol, time, parking, etc to trek out there in person.

But then nobody will go to the cycle expo...?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's becoming clear why the organizers wouldn't opt for using a courier company to send / deliver race numbers. Can't be more than R50 a pop. It's probably costing riders a lot more than that in petrol, time, parking, etc to trek out there in person.

Will lose revenue from the expo, so not in their interest to do it this way

Is there a station in fourways that I don't know about...

Not feasible, stay on the wrong side of the highway thus there are no nearby station....best I can do is drive to monte, which is a nightmare in its own right and then do a bus drive to and from, been there tried that with working in centurion.

See, there it is. The dome is perfect for you in fourways. Not so much for me on the other side of gauteng. They really need to start giving us one number or chip or something that lasts the whole year. This is ridiculous.

Will lose revenue from the expo, so not in their interest to do it this way

have the race start and finish at a proper venue like Nasrec or something, and have the "expo" on race day.

See, there it is. The dome is perfect for you in fourways. Not so much for me on the other side of gauteng. They really need to start giving us one number or chip or something that lasts the whole year. This is ridiculous.

See there it is....move to fourways then and, if you want to live in fochville its your choice.

I have been bitching about it for 3 years.

Nothing.

The moment some of these race organisers get together and create a "Series" where you can use the same number in all the races, then they will start getting entries again......

Really ?

this I will pay to see....

I personally want the race to start on witkoppen now, this woodmead / kyalami crap doesnt suite me at all.

Edited by rouxtjie

Momentum 94.7 registration and rubbish bag collection is a nightmare and there's a R20 parking charge .... seems like Tanya Harford is really ripping the ring out of this event!!

It took almost an hour in a queue to get my race pack. Surely we don't need a bag of garbage and a simple timing mat that picks up a transponder as you go into the pens would be sufficient. If your transponder is not picked up, you not allowed into start pen - simple as that. Then there's no need for this schlep!!!

Another gripe is about bulk number collecting. I timed a lady at the counter for about 15min collecting a whole whack of numbers. Surely they should be told to go to the bulk collection queue?

have the race start and finish at a proper venue like Nasrec or something, and have the "expo" on race day.

Haha, yep cos i would want to walk through an expo at 4am before i start or in my Bib afterwards.

Was waiting for someone to suggest moving the Race venue. Cos ive always wanted to do the Argus, and Cape Town is so far, cant they just bring it somewhere more "convienient" for ME, like Northgate...

Haha, yep cos i would want to walk through an expo at 4am before i start or in my Bib afterwards.

Was waiting for someone to suggest moving the Race venue. Cos ive always wanted to do the Argus, and Cape Town is so far, cant they just bring it somewhere more "convienient" for ME, like Northgate...

Draft a petition, I will sign it....just make sure the argus starts on witkoppen else I am going to gooi a vloermoer

You must be holding in a fart, its travelled up your spine to the base of your brain and given you a *** idea.

.... (shakin my head)

thanks for the advice , already made that decision

So you decided you not racing it next year just because you have to queue to collect your number on the busiest day of registration, which they did warn you about? Cutting off your nose to spite your face?

I Think you all being a Bit Harsh.. Firstly if you parked in Northgate Shopping Centre parking there is No charge, just a Little walk, If you chose to pay R20 to park on the doorstep of the dome thats your choice.

Secondly... It clearly states on your seeding letter that history has shown that Most athletes try and collect their race numbers on the Thursday morning and it has proven to be very crowded so please try and come on the Friday or Saturday. They have accomodated this by staying open until 8pm on a friday night if needed. And being open Most of saturday.

I think its about Choice, we dont pay the entry Fee for Pretty goody bags but for a FULL road closure safe event. Also if we choose to avoid the recomendation not to go the first morning and thus stand in a long queue, that again was our choice.

Yes, I went this morning, and yes i waited a little while. but i expecetd it.

And i cant wait for an awesome race sunday.

I agree with you Ferret69! They did warn us that Thursday is the busiest day. I always try collect mine at a non busy time and also allow a lot of time to go collect and browse the expo.

Really ?

Sure. Why not? Then you have not only all the cyclists, but families, kids, a whole lot more people to sell stuff to? Keep the venue, that's immaterial, but it seems like people aren't even glancing at the expo when they collect their numbers anyway. Give me a permanent number, and I'd browse at some stalls after the race. Why not? I'm there anyway.