Hardtail MTB - Momsen, Silverback, Spesialized

scuzzy

@AuctionLamb I've heard that on the Storm, the rear wheel rubs against the frame, which is causing problems, any knowledge of that?

The Storm really is a good looking bike.

Do not know about issues regarding rubbing against frame...think it depends what tyre you put on because it is quiet narrow at the back between tyre and frame. The guy is on Swalbe Racing Ralfs

and no problems about rubbing.

No bike gives you better value for money that the Silverback...weight and parts! XT is currently you most popular groupset in terms of durability and braking

P.S. - Momsen = butt ugly bikes

Edited by AuctionLamb

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have a look at the ghost bikes. Very good, and great value for money. And it looks like Max Knox will be riding with them for 2014.

There is a nice store that can help you out, I only know of their facebook page, but its worth a look

https://www.facebook...316003618426874

That is the joburg store but you can contact them. Looks like Max will be on Ghost next year

@Stevief, never thought of that, did not follow the Chinese Carbon thread, though it is everybody ranting about cheap imports, but just looked at it and it seems like it is legit

Maybe not a bad option. What size bike is that, and can one customize the decals, or just leave it of?

@Stevief, never thought of that, did not follow the Chinese Carbon thread, though it is everybody ranting about cheap imports, but just looked at it and it seems like it is legit

Maybe not a bad option. What size bike is that, and can one customize the decals, or just leave it of?

Hi Scuzzy mine is a meduim size 18 , i customized the look and added the decals then sprayed over it with clearcoart auto paint. Hammerhead is the name of my company. The frames come in matt carbon or gloss carbon. I also know that they can spray your frame to look like a big name brand if you keen on that. Mine was gloss but i see lots of matt ones and they look awesome. All questions will be answered on the chinese carbon thread. Its all legit the frames are very good and the order process with Hong Fu was painless and effecient. My frame arrived 6 days after i paid. Edited by Stevief

Do not know about issues regarding rubbing against frame...think it depends what tyre you put on because it is quiet narrow at the back between tyre and frame. The guy is on Swalbe Racing Ralfs

and no problems about rubbing.

No bike gives you better value for money that the Silverback...weight and parts! XT is currently you most popular groupset in terms of durability and braking

P.S. - Momsen = butt ugly bikes

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say, you think this ugly then do you?

post-35569-0-76520600-1385029819_thumb.jpg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say, you think this ugly then do you?

post-35569-0-76520600-1385029819_thumb.jpg

love the wheels, they must be worth more that the bike

I have the Silverback Storm 2013 model also. Completed the Wine 2 Whales with it no issues. I have a 2.1 Maxis Crossmark on the rear. It does leave small marks on both sides of the frame. Recon it wont cause any problems. My team mate has the exact same bike which has done about 4000km to date easy with no issues. Also rubs a bit on frame on up stays. U can get the m now for R26000 at Cycle lab!! Best value for a good looking bike. Really a excellent ride. And good back up from local agent in Cape Town.

No!!!!!!!!!! you are joking right?

You made enve stickers and put them on mavic 317's :huh:

Sun ringle inferno 23's, not crappy wheels but didn't like the flashy decals.

Confirming my point then...you have to pimp the Momsen to make it softer on the eyes. :lol:

So is that then a momsen or china frame with momsen on it