Which saddle for MTB endurance , marathons , Epic

Anticlimb

I ride the phenom mostly, but there are times when on longer rides it hurts my bony arse.

My other saddle is a Ritchey WCS marathon, I find it more comfortable on 5hrs + in the saddle.

Ask your LBS for a test saddle or two..

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tundra 2 came stock on my bike...

IT

DID

NOT

AGREE

WITH

MY

ASS

But the key words there are "MY ass".

Mine too, even the colours matched my bike but 40km on that saddle and it was sold

Mine too, even the colours matched my bike but 40km on that saddle and it was sold

That's the worst!!

When the colour matches the bike and makes it look like the sleekest machine known to mankind but it hurst like ****** hell :(

I have that situation right now - supremely awesome looking Prologo saddle that's so uncomfortable for me and a butt ugly but incredibly comfortable WTB saddle that makes my mtb look like a delivery bike

Edited by Skylark

Hi All . Next year will do my first Cape Epic . Been doing long rides and feeling pressure in the waterworks dept . Have been looking at the Selle Italia max slr gel flow .

It has a nice gap in the middle section which will relieve pressure . Any other suggestions ?

Don't overlook that Selle Italia Gel Flow. I ride that on my road bike, but for Sani I put it on the mtb in stead of the Gobi, and it behaved really well. (For my backside, of course)

Not tried any Spez saddles but I don't like the Gobi.

My personal choice - any Selle Italia SLR - once rode almost 450km in 24hr Solo on SLR 135 with not a mark down there - used cream though.

Get yourself a real leather saddle. Brooks, look at the diff models. Not a weight weenie choice, but lasts for a long time, and gets very comfy. But does need a bit of maintaining.

Gobi is a great saddle. Good mix between padded and light weight. Most stores have Fizik demo saddles. Try one first.

Test, Test, Test everyone is different. I’m as skinny as well ""a spoke ie: 1.88m and 58kg" but i find a pure carbon Selle Italia SRL to be great.post-40232-0-37242100-1385237797_thumb.jpg Oh and do get a decent set of bibs with a good chamois.

Test, Test, Test everyone is different. I’m as skinny as well ""a spoke ie: 1.88m and 58kg" but i find a pure carbon Selle Italia SRL to be great.post-40232-0-37242100-1385237797_thumb.jpg Oh and do get a decent set of bibs with a good chamois.

On a road bike for a little road race ...maybe.

For 8 days around the Western Cape ... you are nuts!!

On a road bike for a little road race ...maybe.

For 8 days around the Western Cape ... you are nuts!!

No, but he's real "hardegat" ;)