Earning Discovery Vitality Points via MTB events

Uthuli

As a Vitality memeber, I am trying to achieve silver status. One way is to log completed MTB events.

There is a tiered system whereby the longer the race, the more points per event are earned.

I was disappointed to learn that for a three day stage event, like the recent W2W Race, I only earned points equivalent to a single race of >75km.

For me, each day was a different challenge, a different route. I challenged them via their email system, and got this response:

"The criteria for listing outdoor events allows as to add the event distances and list it on the last day of the event as the Wine to Whales Race is a multi-stage race"

In other words, take it or leave it.

So I guess I'll just have to surrender, and apply Rule #5

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But according to the respnse you can get full points if you add all three days together, or am I misunderstanding them?

There is a max number of points you can claim for cycling anyway so I don't think it makes much difference. You get a bonus of 5000 points after your fifth event. Another way to get points is to upload your HR values achieved during excercise via the Garmin or Polar link. Next year I am on diamond after three years. Fairly easy to acheive.

1 race = max 5000 points

Quote from their rules :

"If you participate in an event that goes on for longer than one day, you must only select the last date of the event on the calendar to claim your points for the event" (guess its their rules).

But on the flip side seems a bit harsh if the guys doing the Cape Epic for example only get 1 set of points

To the OP. If you have a polar HRM you should max out your base fitness points easily in a year simply by riding several times a week

You need to claim for each day individually, so you will get 3* the points

Not so I'm afraid. When you log the event on their site, the only date for the event is the final day. So you are blocked.

Not so I'm afraid. When you log the event on their site, the only date for the event is the final day. So you are blocked.

I've done it several times with stage races...

1 race = max 5000 points

Quote from their rules :

"If you participate in an event that goes on for longer than one day, you must only select the last date of the event on the calendar to claim your points for the event" (guess its their rules).

But on the flip side seems a bit harsh if the guys doing the Cape Epic for example only get 1 set of points

Yes, really hard on the Epic snakes

Each stage race is 1 event, with 3 Towers, I found it listed under the last day of the event.

The categories only go up to 75km+, which stage races fall into.

1 day events usually fall into 50-74km. (for mtb anyway)

Also, if you log 5 events, you get 5000 bonus points.

Get a broker to show you the ways.

I am on 35 000 points and I havent even uploaded events or done the screening tests.

Easy peasy ... Diamond!

You can also log daily rides if they are more then 30mins. If you go to gym as well I think one takes preference over the other, not 100% sure on this though. I loaded all my rides from the past year and got a huge wack of points two days ago :thumbup: You do that through LivingVitality.

PS - You need a Garmin for that though

As a Vitality memeber, I am trying to achieve silver status. One way is to log completed MTB events.

Aim higher.

You can achieve gold in an afternoon. Find yourself a discovery wellness centre and make an appointment. Biokineticist, dietitian and nurse under one roof. Do all your assessments and you are halfway here (as long as you score correctly...) Do ALL your online assessments. It is easier that you think. Find yourself a Discovery broker and get them to help you. Link your vitality status to your insurance and you'll be surprised at how much you benefit.

I have not logged any events to date and I didn't need any of my gym visits points either to get to gold. Been gold for the last two years. One more year and we go Diamond. All with the help of a broker's guidance. Best I could do on my own was just crack silver.

+1 on going for all the wellness and vitality tests, will get plenty points for pretty much doing nothing. The vitality health check is 14,000 points, can walk into a registered pharmacy, have it done then and there and takes less than 10 minutes.

How to get to gold https://www.discover...ity-get-to-gold

What did that cost you through a registered pharmacy - I did it all at the Virgin active gym, which was R400