[Event] MTN NATIONAL MTB SERIES #2 Sabie

Tim_Fair

Thanks Brett,

Sounds awesome! I am very excited to be riding my MTB instead of MX bike for a change.

Looking forward to Sabie and what uncle Dennis has in store for us...

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The marathon is definitely not the same as last year .... Looks like some extra climbing has been thrown in before Mamba!

Heart is doing flips.

The marathon is definitely not the same as last year .... Looks like some extra climbing has been thrown in before Mamba!

Heart is doing flips.

Yes it seems there is a bit of a detour due to harvesting, but all good I reckon. Still not as vicious as a few years ago (2012?) when we went down to the sawmill and back up again, over 3000m total ascent.

Edited by kosmonooit

Maniyak Cycles are offering tours to this event from Pretoria. For R1200 per person you get transport there and back (Leave on Friday afternoon, come back Sunday afternoon) with accommodation at Sabie River Camp (bring your own camping kit) and all meals included - 2 dinners, two breakfasts and 2 lunches.

Also included is a free bike wash and lube service after we come back. Pick up and drop off is at Maniyak Cycles in Braam Pretorius street, Magalieskruin (near Kollonade)

Hurry, limited spots left!

Tim are you guys going to put a contingency in place to prevent riders from taking a short cut at the top of Mamba climb where the route climbs up just above the return route of that loop where the WP was last year. I am sure you know where it is.

Last year plenty riders came through that forest section between that point and the water point cutting out a huge chunk of the route.

Trust the water points issue from last weekend will be sorted? If not please let us know as the "BIELIE MIELIE" in Reitz is the same weekend and might be a better option then...

Trust the water points issue from last weekend will be sorted? If not please let us know as the "BIELIE MIELIE" in Reitz is the same weekend and might be a better option then...

They are run by local groups, who have plenty of experience, so no worries there.

Bielie Miele vs Sabie? you couldn't find more juxtaposed events in terms of profiles!

You may have reason to curse Uncle Dennis on the climbs but he will not let you down when it comes to the water points

anyone else having no luck with the entrie website? just keeps saying my session has timed out even though I've just entered my passport number

anyone else having no luck with the entrie website? just keeps saying my session has timed out even though I've just entered my passport number

Try Firefox or Chrome. Think it's a IE problem.

I'm using safari but i can download chrome i guess.. seems a bit ridiculous just for an entry! tnx

I'm using safari but i can download chrome i guess.. seems a bit ridiculous just for an entry! tnx

Mail them info@advendurance.com or use twitter @advendurance