[Event] MTN NATIONAL MTB SERIES #2 Sabie

Tim_Fair

Have some one managed to find the great Tech support between water point 1&2 on the marathon race yet? Or are we now forced to carry a complete toolbox aswell

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it seems sabie is wet wet wet. Sad I'm not there as I would have loved to be there. Good luck to personal hubber friends DewaldZA, HennieVR, DPLot and DACoetzee.

May the two Dewalds score a top 20 finish and my brother from another mother a better time than last year. Yeah yeah I slowed him down.

Sorry hendrik. En sterkte.

Thanks Bud.

Needed you out there for the moral support on Saturday but I think you had a lucky miss.

Damaged list thus far:

Chain, Cassette, Rear Shifter, Brake pads, might as well change wheel bearings as well as all cables. The mud got in everywhere and washing the bike at every stream didn't help. I can see a complete bike strip and clean coming up.

Rode in my Hub kit and I can't even get that clean. Seems Omo has met it's match.

Went for revenge after last year and Sabie made me it's B**ch again.............but I will be back in 2015!

Thanks Bud.

Needed you out there for the moral support on Saturday but I think you had a lucky miss.

Damaged list thus far:

Chain, Cassette, Rear Shifter, Brake pads, might as well change wheel bearings as well as all cables. The mud got in everywhere and washing the bike at every stream didn't help. I can see a complete bike strip and clean coming up.

Rode in my Hub kit and I can't even get that clean. Seems Omo has met it's match.

Went for revenge after last year and Sabie made me it's B**ch again.............but I will be back in 2015!

I'm with you on the complete strip, clean and lube/grease thing. Looking at replacing chain and cables. Wheel bearings are finished and the fork needs a service. Might have a seized headset as well. Oh, and don't forget the BB.

As for the clothing - 3 washes with Vanish and one with Omo liquid has done little to bring back the original colours of my riding kit.

Good luck to your wallet with the repairs.... :wacko:

OMO....Slomo, nomo....whatever.

Check this thread for cleaning tips (works like a charm every time).

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/134138-event-mtn-national-mtb-series-1-dullstroom/page__hl__mtn%20dullstroom__st__192

REST WELL O BRAVE ONE!!!

I saw a guy on a Cyclocross bike !!!

HUGE RESPECT. Made me look like a real amateur.

I saw that after the race - any idea who it was, I think I saw the same bike on a bike rack yesterday - a Cannondale.

Any idea if he is on the hub - would like to get his thoughts on doing it on a Cyclocross bike.

I saw a guy on a Cyclocross bike !!!

HUGE RESPECT. Made me look like a real amateur.

I also saw the cyclocross man. Respect for those thin wheels in the mud!

I saw that after the race - any idea who it was, I think I saw the same bike on a bike rack yesterday - a Cannondale.

Any idea if he is on the hub - would like to get his thoughts on doing it on a Cyclocross bike.

It was Freddie Pienaar. He was a pro road rider some years ago. Do not know if he is on the hub.

As for the clothing - 3 washes with Vanish and one with Omo liquid has done little to bring back the original colours of my riding kit.

You will need the following:

Clean Green + Sunlight liquid + high pressure cleaner = CLEAN KIT

http://www.thehubsa....14/page__st__96

http://www.thehubsa....stroom__st__192

Washing machines and powders (whatever it is) are useless!

Edited by BarHugger

It was Freddie Pienaar. He was a pro road rider some years ago. Do not know if he is on the hub.

Cool thanks.

Hell he must be strong !!

I'm with you on the complete strip, clean and lube/grease thing. Looking at replacing chain and cables. Wheel bearings are finished and the fork needs a service. Might have a seized headset as well. Oh, and don't forget the BB.

I took the cheapskate option. I decided not to ride either day as I have destroyed more than 4 drivetrains in the Sabie mud over the years. Instead we did a ride to White River and back on Saturday afternoon.