Tour de Philadelphia

ccc2

I raced in CAT 1 and must say I agree with the DQ. At times something like 60% of the bunch was in the other lane, and there was no wind so i'm not quite sure why we were sitting there.

At least there will be no points(entire CAT has been disqualified) and this Sunday will be a fresh start, and i'm sure we won't be going over the line!!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with the DQ. Towards the end of the race Cat 1 riders were making no attempt to ride on the left. It was a shame, as I thought the race was actually very well-behaved for 90% of the way. The motorbike marshals were a little absent toward the end, which might have why so many guys took a chance?

Bottom line is we, the riders, need to take responsibility for staying on the left. The occasional indiscretion to avoid a slower rider, accident, pothole, or from being buffeted by the wind, etc. will not result in a DQ (maybe a warning if it happens often). So stop using that as an excuse. There was no reason to ride on both sides of the road on Saturday. I know, I was in that bunch.

I'd like to see DQs for littering. Cat 1 riders think nothing of discarding gel and bar wrappers en route. It's disgraceful and arrogant. It's a small local Cat 1 race, not the effing TdF. Have a sense of perspective, and put it in your pocket. Would you do that in your own home? In a nature reserve? Who do you think is going to pick it up?

/rant

Yes so we all crossed the white line...however the commisaire could have given all of us a warning when we took over the whole road at the Paardeberg section, he did indeed not...he just decided to can the race in the end...

Yes we all were wrong, problem is we sit with A-C riders and when C riders drop we need to overtake them on the right so then we all get dq'd....

I agree with what Thornman said on fb, elites should only be A riders.

The problem with Elites/CAT1 - that there is only about 5 guys that do the racing, the rest hang on for dear life no matter what it takes(wrong side of the road, taking each other out, etc.) just to say "I am racing Elites". :eek:

That is why I moved to SV racing, less incidents and Saturday proved again that the racing is positive. :thumbup:

Edited by AuctionLamb

Yes so we all crossed the white line...however the commisaire could have given all of us a warning when we took over the whole road at the Paardeberg section, he did indeed not...he just decided to can the race in the end...

Yes we all were wrong, problem is we sit with A-C riders and when C riders drop we need to overtake them on the right so then we all get dq'd....

Ummm, sorry to say, but you last point doesn't really make sense. I'm all for a better registration/seeding system that excludes people who shouldn't be there. But by your logic you would expect to see all A riders at all races to come pedaling into the last 5km together, not having crossed the white line, as no-one was dropped, and therefore no-one needed to overtake on the right. Simply. Doesn't. Happen.

I agree, overtaking on the right is sometimes unavoidable. So get it done quickly, when it's safe. Be your own marshal. Don't push the rules, and/or wait for an official warning. Ironically, we aren't likely to get rolling (or full) road closure till we are seen to behave. So, save your arguments about how flawed the system is, and follow the rules. They are ultimately there for our safety - so someone doesn't end up as a hood ornament...

Or continue being pissed off by the organisers/marshals/commissaires. Your call.

No scenario overshadows the terrible one of an oncoming truck killing a bunch of dedicated and committed cyclists... :nuke:

That's the reality.

Abide by the rules or get DQed.

Safety first.

Edited by ' Dale

Vets was boring,we may as well all cruised 1 km down the road ,turned around and all gone for the sprint.Very few guys trying to make some racing,hats off to those like shorty who try and make things interresting.

Ja, I saw the Vets time was slow as ****. SV was slow too at first, so we attacked and rode away. Why not try the same?

re rolling road closure - it can be done but at a price and a bit of co-ordinating because the route leaves and re-enters different policing districts (drakenstein,bellville,and believe it or not Vredenburg).

Ja, I saw the Vets time was slow as ****. SV was slow too at first, so we attacked and rode away. Why not try the same?

I tried believe me.I noticed at the start the SV were cruising and tried to ride across but then they got their act together and started racing.Aaa well next time try to ruffle a few feathers again but SV is the same Luke.You know what it's like when 10 guys are trying to make some racing and the rest are just sitting waiting for the finish.

I tried believe me.I noticed at the start the SV were cruising and tried to ride across but then they got their act together and started racing.Aaa well next time try to ruffle a few feathers again but SV is the same Luke.You know what it's like when 10 guys are trying to make some racing and the rest are just sitting waiting for the finish.

You shouldn't talk about Wicker like that!!! ;)

We weren't overtaking any C riders in the last 5-10 km's... The bunch was just sitting in the other lane for no reason really.

Attacks were going and guys were trying to shake wheels off by swerving left and right, and of course the bunch follows to hide from the (little) wind. The commissaire did warn us at least twice - he rode up next to us hooting like a mad man but the bunch didn't react at all.

I see Pelotrain will be back in your bunch Luke.Good to see him back racing again.

Yep, the dearly departed colonel smashed the Journey4Sight on Sunday and managed 5th overall. He is very excited about Vissershok on Saturday. His enthusiasm is inversely proportionate to mine.

Seriously!! still no results?? about2time making Racetec look very good.

see journey for sight & the results

Yep, the dearly departed colonel smashed the Journey4Sight on Sunday and managed 5th overall. He is very excited about Vissershok on Saturday. His enthusiasm is inversely proportionate to mine.

Makes 2 of us.... I'm not waiting for you and pacing the whole way like Sunday dude.....

You just going to have to bite the bullet and get off the front and win!!

see journey for sight & the results

theirs was up same day, yeah a few glitches here & there that will be ironed out. about2time 3 days later & also had glitches that needed to be ironed out.

Can it not be loaded the same day, that's my only gripe, nothing else?